• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverGuy

Aug 8, 2013
    Im hearing that super redhawks have a completely different mechanism for how the trigger operates. Its supposedly easier to tune them as opposed to the plain ole redhawk. Not sure though

Yes.

The Redhawk has a single spring that does EVERYTHING, which severely limits what can be done to improve it.

I had a super-accurate RH with a gawd-awful trigger. I tried Wolf reduced power springs (12, 13 & 14 lb, IIRC). That resulted in a lock-time could be measured with an egg timer, and accuracy went to shit.

A gunsmith was able to improve it somewhat.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re great revolvers and I occasionally regret selling mine, but I concluded DA .44 magnums just weren’t my thing. If I did get another DA .44 mag, it would be an RH. It’s heavy enough that with the proper grips it doesn’t beat the shit out of the web of my hand.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yes.

The Redhawk has a single spring that does EVERYTHING, which severely limits what can be done to improve it.

I had a super-accurate RH with a gawd-awful trigger. I tried Wolf reduced power springs (12, 13 & 14 lb, IIRC). That resulted in a lock-time could be measured with an egg timer, and accuracy went to shit.

A gunsmith was able to improve it somewhat.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re great revolvers and I occasionally regret selling mine, but I concluded DA .44 magnums just weren’t my thing. If I did get another DA .44 mag, it would be an RH. It’s heavy enough that with the proper grips it doesn’t beat the shit out of the web of my hand.
    Ill see how the springs go in mine. Some people have good results with them. Worst case I will keep it and just buy a longer barreled 629

Top Bottom