• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    Ok so i have had this gun for 6 months and only shot about 150 Rounds through it :( turns out it jammed up after i used that Monarch Ammunition.I hear that that ammo has extra hard primers. That true?

Well all in all i was looking at it today and got the pin free but it wont push through the hole where it hits the primer. Anyone know if this could be a bent Firing pin or something else... and any idea on how much it would run for repair????

thanks all
    Military Camp

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Ruger will probably fix it for free. They have great customer service. Give them a call. In the mean time, check out this website; it has a blow-up of the pistol with where everything goes.
    http://www.genitron.com/REV-Ruger-P345/Ruger-P345.html

I had a Ruger Single Action that I had owned for over ten years. Had a problem with the extra cylinder. I called them and they had me send in the revolver with both cylinders. They not only fixed the problem for free, they reblued the gun and changed out some screws with a newer version.

DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    Cool thanks.
    But hey if i send it in should i send the whole gun or just the slide? and if i send the whole gun do you think will they send it direct to my home? I heard that they would probably make you get an FFL setup to receive the gun back from repair?

thanks in advance

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    NO, you do NOT have to have an FFL to receive a gun back from repair. Talk to Ruger and send back whatever they suggest.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    LHB1 is correct. I've sent guns to Ruger, Clark Custom Guns, High Standard, and Smith & Wesson for repair and they all just sent the gun directly to me when it was done. No need to get an FFL involved, since it is your gun and it was just in for repair. I would send the whole gun, just so they can check it all over.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Since it's under warranty, see if they will send you a pre-paid UPS shipping box. That will save you the cost for the overnight service required on a handgun.

And let us know what the problem was, once they get it fixed.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Have seen numerous guns coming into the shop because of Monarch ammo.Usually its the 223,9mm and 7.62x39.Most of the problems we have seen are weak casings that crack ,expand and then stick in the chamber.Monarch is cheap at Academy here and a lot of people are having trouble with this brand of ammo.

DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    Well i called Ruger This morning and all i can say is WOW they have great people there!
    They answered my questions about how to send the firearm and about getting it back and how the repair process works. They said all i had to do was ship it UPS overnight and they would repair it for nothing since it was an internal malfunction and only if the the gun was modified or has been purposely damaged then they would have to charge me. They also said that they would ship it back to me at my home ( no need for FFL receivable) for free.

Top Bottom