Join TexasGunTalk

Ruger MKIII or 22/45 mods that everyone needs to do

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by checcles, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hiway1

Hiway1 New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Dallas,Texas
    JR,
    This is a pretty new 22/45, so I'll work on the mag's....when its full, it seems to feed okay, then after 5 shots or so it will missfeed..
    sounds like what your describing..I'll clean and oil them and see what transpires...

Thanks for the tip..

2. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome

from an idgit coffeeholic

3. Hiway1

Hiway1 New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Dallas,Texas
    I just ordered a Tac-Sol 22/45 OEM Mag, supposed to fit tighter and resolve the inherit feed issue
    with the factory versions....it also has a better release spring in the base...will share the results, as I
    try them....

4. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Factory mags work. It's just the few I have seen tend to be really dry when you get them. Clean and lube yhem just like the rest of the pistol and you should be good for quite a while. But more mags are good too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

5. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine Active Member

May 6, 2014
    Having met Copperheads, Rattlesnakes and Skunks around the place in the dark, I had a need for not only a flashlight but a small critter gun.
    So I installed a rail and Streanlight TLR-2 in front of the trigger guard on my Ruger.
    Not only is it very handy as a flashlight/gun but it's a good gun for low light/dark, laser/light practice.

[​IMG]

6. Fullretard

Fullretard Member

May 11, 2012
    DFW
    How do you holster that right when you are out and about on your property?

7. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well that was the second mod I attempted on my wife's 22/45 Lite. First one was some halfway decent sights. That one went easily enough. Thus having gained some misplaced confidence, I attempted the hammer bushing what's it, following these directions:

Here I thought I did everything right, put the thing back together, mainspring doesn't close. Take it apart again, make sure to do everything right this time, mainspring closes, bolt doesn't rack. Fine. Take it back apart, push that pin through again, crap, pushed too far, parts and bits and springs everywhere. Swept it all up, stuffed it into a baggie and taking a break now. Bill Ruger really was the ultimate troll.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
    I just did mine along with the sear and trigger...dang what a difference. Kar98, if you are in the DFW area I would offer to help get it reassembled...

9. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Offer most gratefully accepted! What's your favorite beer?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  10. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
    Can't drink beer much any more....plus it affects my ability to be on shift at the fire department although I do get a couple of chances a year to raise a bottle.