• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I think I'll wait until they come down from the stratospheric pricing level. I ain't payin' $600 for a .22 pistol.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I think I'll wait until they come down from the stratospheric pricing level. I ain't payin' $600 for a .22 pistol.
    The same point I was trying to make earlier in this thread.

BTW, I have 2 Buckmark pistols that are nearly 40 years old, with 10's of thousands of rounds and both are still just as accurate as my MK IIs.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Volquartsen Q&A:

The release of the Ruger MK IV has brought on quite a bit of excitement. With the excitement has come a lot of phone calls and emails with questions regarding the Ruger MK IV and what lies ahead. We'd like to take a moment to address our customers most frequently asked questions.

“Are any of the current Volquartsen parts for the Ruger MKII/MKIII compatible with with Ruger MK IV?”

Yes, we have three Ruger MKII/MKIII parts that do work with the Ruger MK IV. The Picatinny Scope Mount and TL Rear Sight both work with the Ruger MK IV. The Competition Bolt is also compatible with the MK IV. We recommend using the Ruger MKII Competition bolt since the Loaded Chamber Indicator is not part of the MK IV.

"Will there be a kit available to reduce the factory 4+ lb trigger pull?”

Yes, we want to provide you with the light, crisp, 2 lb trigger pull you've come to expect. We are currently working on a target trigger, hammer, and sear that will work with the Ruger MK IV. Unfortunately, our current Accurizing Kits are not compatible with the Ruger MK IV.

Don't worry, we'll have your trigger pull reduced in no time!

“When will your LLV upper be available for the Ruger MK IV?”

An all-new, machined stainless LLV replacement upper will be available soon for the Ruger MK IV. The new upper will provide the same accuracy for your MK IV as it has for your Ruger MKII or MKIII.

“Can we anticipate a full line of Volquartsen parts for the Ruger MK IV?”

Of course you can! We are very excited about the new design of the Ruger MK IV and know that our customers want the most from their new pistol.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The Mark IV has a much better quality look to it than the previous models. It shoots the same, but what a blessing that easy take-down is!!

I've owned the Mark I and Mark III, and they have both been wonderful pistols. Yeah, it was irritating to only be able to load 9 rounds in the MI, and those stupid lawyer-added "safety" features in the MKIII are irritating, but that re-assembly after cleaning has always been the biggest pain. Even after doing it hundreds of times, there's always that day where the little bar just won't swing into the right spot and you begin to think about using a sledgehammer on it.

Of course, I can't admit to owning a Mark IV, because if I did I'd have to also admit it to the wife and start another all-week discussion that I'd like to avoid. But, honestly, it's a sweet, sweet pistol.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Here's three shots of my new Turnbull's Ruger Mk IV. I love the color case hardening. I got the gun on the 17thm but haven't had time to even take it out of the box until this morning....about 250 rounds through it!

DSCN3851.jpg DSCN3852.jpg DSCN3853.jpg

And here's twenty rounds at 7.5 yards this morning...

20170227_121650_001.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    hQFS3zA.jpg

lblyYGp.jpg

HZnA2jj.jpg

With Williams fire sights and Volquartsen kit; magazine disconnect and right hand safety lever deleted.

Top Bottom