• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fished

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2020
    Cedar Park
    Does anyone have one that can tell me how you like it? I would like to get one but they are hard to find now. Hope that will change latter.

Thanks
    Ed

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The Ruger Mark series 22's are extremely reliable, very accurate, and will last you for many, many years. The only real drawback to them was that they're tough to take apart for cleaning. (Technically, it's putting one back together that's tough.) Ruger finally solved the problem with the design on the Mark IV pistols, and now they are extremely easy to take apart and put back together. There was a recall on the first year models, but Ruger gave everyone a free magazine as an apology when you sent one in for updating. My son has my old Mark I, and I have a Mark III and a Mark IV. They are fun pistols and worth every penny.

Ruger makes quality firearms and their service is excellent if you ever do have a problem.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    MKII is best MK.
    D7EFA509-2F06-4162-8CE2-A93CE1D07F4C.jpeg

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have many III and IV pistols and all are amazing. I was warned that you should never pull the trigger on a Mk IV when the barrel is pivoted open. Something about permanent damage.

you absolutely must buy
    Amazon product ASIN B073WJD2TJOr equivalent...

It will load a magazine very quickly. I doubt that there is anyone that can shoot faster than I can load them with one.

wait... maybe that is not a good thing in an ammo shortage.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have many III and IV pistols and all are amazing. I was warned that you should never pull the trigger on a Mk IV when the barrel is pivoted open. Something about permanent damage.

you absolutely must buy
    Amazon product ASIN B073WJD2TJOr equivalent...

It will load a magazine very quickly. I doubt that there is anyone that can shoot faster than I can load them with one.

wait... maybe that is not a good thing in an ammo shortage.
    I would take that bet, and use one of my MKIIs.
    Got a VQ trigger in one my MKIIs;)

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I had an original, I guess it would be a Mark 1. Great gun, tricky to put back together, gave it to my brother and he still loves it.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    I have shot and enjoyed a MKIV 22/45. Disassembly and reassembly is not an issue if you follow directions step by step. My first semi-auto 22lr pistol was a MKII. Very easy to put on target. Like pointing my finger. I believe you will enjoy shooting these. Also, lots of aftermarket available if you want. A very popular platform.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I've got a Ruger Mark IV, 5.5" barrel, target version, blued, classic Ruger grip not that 22/45 model. As far as shooting it goes, it;'s just like my Ruger Mark II for all practical purposes. I havebeen lazy and have not disassembled it yet for a cleaning but if as advertised, I think I am going to like its simple disassembly and assembly very much as compared to the Mark II. With the Mark II, I have to use my own YouTube video to get it done right since I do not shoot it frequently enough to be cleaning it all that often and thus after years of owning it am still not comfortable trying without the video.

Top Bottom