• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have a Ruger Mark III with the 5.5" target heavy barrel. I could shoot it ok with the factory sights, but nothing spectacular. Since the gun came with a rail, I installed it and added an Osprey Holographic sight.
    Wow, after that everyone that used was an instant marksman. Usually we would shoot at soda cans at about 20 - 30 yards. You would get 1 or 2 shots out of 5 with the factory sights. With the Holo sight it went to more like 4 out of 5! The Osprey worked ok except when you were shooting at a white target on a very sunny day, the dot would disappear. But after a while it would just stop working, turning it on again would fix it for a while. The glass was always dirty, no matter how carefully I stored it, it always needed cleaning. The mount was very bulky also.
    I have been following people that are installing Burris Fastfire II's on the slides of Glocks, and Sigs. If they can take that abuse a Ruger should not pose a problem. I ordered it with the custom mount for a Ruger Mark II/III. To install I had to knock out the dovetail rear sight, and replace it with dovetail supplied by Burris. It was a perfect fit and it came with a nice custom fitted hard cover. The Burris red dot is way brighter than the Osprey ever was, even on bright days. The sight has a profile only slightly higher than the factory adjustable rear sight (compared to the Osprey).

After putting a couple of hundred rounds through it, it is as solid as a rock. Now I want one on all of my range guns. I am going to see what other factory mounts they have for guns that I own. I will definitely order another one with a picatinny rail mount to try on other guns to see if I get the same results. The Burris is not as rugged as a Trijicon, but it is much cheaper and still waterproof, but not as much as the Trij. Many people have opted for the Burris over Trijicon with excellent results. (just Google it)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Get one of these: Primary Arms Micro Tactical Green Dot Reflex Sight - NEW! $80.00
    12887369148811151001842.jpeg

then get a Burris 410329 FastFire 1 Piece Base that'll fit the primary arms green dot for $35.00
    burris-410329-burris-fastfire-ruger-mark-i-ii-ii-mount-833lar.jpg

So $115.00 total. Saves about half off a Burris FastFire.

I got the Burris weaver base for my Buckmark and it works well. The included base sat too high for my liking.

They also make a hardened mount:

410330.jpg

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Does anyone have any history with the Primary Arms sight?

I have purchased several lower cost sights and never had any longevity out of them. They are usually OK for the first few uses, then begin to work intermittently even with new batteries, and cleaning the battery contact surfaces.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Does anyone have any history with the Primary Arms sight?

I have purchased several lower cost sights and never had any longevity out of them. They are usually OK for the first few uses, then begin to work intermittently even with new batteries, and cleaning the battery contact surfaces.

They have a one year guarantee. I've had one of his sights for a long time no issues. MARSH is a good guy and doesn't sell crap because he wants loyal clients. Look him up on ar15.com.

Top Bottom