• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Not Texas
    I always liked the look of the luger'esque profile of the regular Mark 1-4 but they never fit the web of my hand right...hence the 22/45s.
    The actual pistol that Bill Ruger used as a model for his Standard pistol was the Japanese Nambu, not the Luger. But, yes, the tapered barrel varieties do look like a Luger.

As far as the Buck Mark vs. Ruger Mark II, III, IV debate goes ... the Buck Mark is more accurate and has a better trigger out of the box. Ruger Mark (whatever variant) has the most aftermarket parts to make it as accurate, if not more accurate, than a Buck Mark. After market triggers for the Ruger are whatever your heart's desire.

Which do I choose? Having shot all the above in one version or another, including some very finely tuned Rugers. I choose all the above. If buying, I always pick the one that is available and, most important, the one I have cash on hand for.

The throw a few more ideas into this debate. The Taurus TX-22 is a great pistol for the money. The Sig Sauer P322 is also a new one to consider. But for the moment, the .22LR pistol that I'm spending the most time with is a Beretta Neos.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Point Blur_May102022_162433.jpg

Seems pretty nice so far...

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Second pistol I ever bought new was a Mk III. I love shooting it, but I still hate tearing it apart. Got a Buckmark, and it only eats minimags - trigger won't reset with standard velocity rounds. Yeah, I could clip some coils off of the recoil spring... I can just spray out the MkIII with some CLP, let it sit, blow it out with compressed air, and it's good to go. I vote Ruger.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve shot the Mkii, liked it. Bought a 22/45 and didn’t like it. Picked up a Buckmark Hunter and love it. Swapped the trigger for one with adjustable over travel pretty cheap and did a little polishing.

It doesn’t always like cheap Winchester but never had an issue with Federal standard velocity.

Not hard to disassemble but does require tools. That said, open the slide and you can run a brush in one side of the chamber and put the other.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They don't need torn down for anything very often once you put all the aftermarket parts in.
    They do if you shoot them enough. The crud buildup is pretty gnarly after 1500 rounds or so. Means when ammo is cheap and available, the one I shoot the most is cleaned weekly.
    These days, it is cleaned every two weeks.
    The rebounder lasts about 10,000 rounds, whether it is a Ruger part or a high end aftermarket part.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Always liked Rugers, so any older Ruger I can get reasonably. Have a Mk II 6" for years now, after dad's Woodsman match got stolen. Long barrels are nice, just too hard to carry discretely. Have an old B-Square no drill mount I will probably use more.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I had a Ruger Standard (precedes the Mark series) - it was a major pain in the arse to re-assemble.

I recently got a Buckmark and love it, but my most prized 22 handgun is my Colt Woodsman series 3 (I'll add a photo when I return home next week)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Can be disassembled and reassembled in under a minute.
    Less.

When I was a teenager, I struggled with reassembly so I asked a guy at the match I was attending to help me. He was a gunsmith who had done work for my dad. He took the parts from me (I already had the barrel back on the frame), turned his back to me, then turned around less than 10 seconds later and handed me the re-assembled pistol.

He was willing to fix it for free. Then he charged me $10 to actually show me how to do it.

Top Bottom