• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Finally got my hands on a Ruger 22/45 lite. I wanted the bull barreled version but I figured my kids would enjoy the lighter weight.

What red dots are you all running on yours?
    I see there are several companies that make accessories and upgrades. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Get the popcorn.:popcorn::popcorn:
    I don't think this need to be controversial. Just asking what have people had success or poor results with. I had a ruger sr22. Some of the "upgrades" worked well for me and others did not. Hopefully no one gets their delicate feelings hurt.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I ran a Bushnell TRS-25 and then a Bushnell First Strike that was much smaller.

I actually have a trs25 laying around that was on my charger 22. Thanks

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have run the gambit on dots for 22 pistols. I feel like they all have their pluses and minuses. One of my favorites is a large old school tube dot. It's bulky but doesn't distort like most others. I've had a TRS25 on a Buckmark for a while now and overall they're a good value for their performance.

Lately I've gravitated to lighter weight and green instead of red. So an ADE sits on my Victory PC pistol. However I have an older pinty from Amazon that's red or green and it's been pretty solid too and cheap as can be. The ade is delightfully compact but much more finicky to dial in. If I had deep pockets I might have gone with a Burris fast fire or a green dot holosun.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I have run the gambit on dots for 22 pistols. I feel like they all have their pluses and minuses. One of my favorites is a large old school tube dot. It's bulky but doesn't distort like most others. I've had a TRS25 on a Buckmark for a while now and overall they're a good value for their performance.

Lately I've gravitated to lighter weight and green instead of red. So an ADE sits on my Victory PC pistol. However I have an older pinty from Amazon that's red or green and it's been pretty solid too and cheap as can be. The ade is delightfully compact but much more finicky to dial in. If I had deep pockets I might have gone with a Burris fast fire or a green dot holosun.
    Thanks. I don't know why is didn't consider one of the tube red dots. I have a trs25 and 503 laying around. I guess I was thinking they are for long guns.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    A good deal just popped up so I ordered one.
    3a5303d360b8267796c17900db8765c2.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Good price for a good product. I bet you'll be happy with that. My 22/45 wears the Millet tube dot. I honestly wish I had bought several before they discontinued them. It's outlasted at least 3 other cheap dots over the years and unlike most creates a perfectly crisp dot. Mine even has a size changing dial which stays true to center. Combined with the short bull barrel it's my favorite to mag dump on steel.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    I've got a UTG RDS on mine right now but it's gonna go. Last trip to the range with it, it was cycling through brightness settings with every pull of the trigger. That doesn't lend itself to shooting smiley faces dot matrix style.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I mounted my RD yesterday on the 22/45. 1st RD I've had on a pistol. Not sure I like it yet. Seems odd

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Took the 22/45 to the range to sight in the RD. I ran out of down adjustment. I am glad I ditched the rail and got a lower mount. It shoots just a touch high at 10 yards. I will try at 25 next weekend.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I tried a few different red dots, but ended up abandoning them and just installing a fiber optic front site on mine.

Top Bottom