• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Here's pics of my new toy, and it's latest results.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

It's a Ruger 10/22 Target with a Redfield 4x12-40mm scope and Leupold base and rings.

This is with Eley Match at 50 yards.

7.jpg

This is with Eley Match at 100 yards (0.88 MOA).

2.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Those aren't bad results any day of the week. How's that redfield treating you? I'm pondering getting one for a .300 win mag. Encore.

Purdy rifle, as well as nice photography.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I put a Power Custom hammer and sear in mine and took it to a smooth, crisp 2.8 pound trigger. They run about $53. Here is a link. You can do it yourself, but its easy to remove too much while stoning and for $53 I just didn't see it was worth the time to hand stone them. Midway and Brownells have em too if you can use a dealers discount.
    Shooters Discount, Inc. - Power Custom 10/22 Competition Hammer/Sear Kit

gordo52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    san antonio
    Do you think the extra money for the target model was worth it? I have the identical gun and I love it, but I still wonder if it would have been better to try to build a more accurate gun for cheaper.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Do you think the extra money for the target model was worth it? I have the identical gun and I love it, but I still wonder if it would have been better to try to build a more accurate gun for cheaper.
    I think you would be hard pressed to build one any cheaper. I have enough things to build two nice ones, without going all out. I could have 3-4 10-22T's for about the same money.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    If you want it to be really accurate, you need to build it. The 10/22T is more accurate than the carbine, but if you get a carbine barrel reworked or get a match barrel. It will definitely out shoot the 10/22T. The 10/22T trigger, although better than the carbine, is nothing like a match trigger. Kidd make a 2 stage trigger that can go as low as 3oz and 6oz. or a single stage that is 1.5 pounds. There is lots you can do, but it definitely costs dollars. I have about $800 in mine but you couldn't pry it out of my hands. Shoots groups that a dime will cover at 100 yards if I do my part. The gun can always out shoot me for sure.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    If you want it to be really accurate, you need to build it.
    I clicked on the link to check out your 10/22. I have seen so many frankenstein 10/22s, yours was a welcome sight. Very classy. Glad it shoots as good as it looks.

One note though: I wanted to check out the rest of your rimfires, but you forgot to link the picture like the others. I was able to take a gues based on the names of other pages. Here it is for anyone else till he fixes it:
    Rimfire

To the OP:
    Try all kinds of different ammo...sometimes its surprising what a gun likes. I dug up links to some of my old tests. The results clearly show that sometimes guns like weird things:
    Cheaper stuff:
    Range report: 25-yard: 12 Types of Ammo - RimfireCentral.com Forums
    More expensive stuff:
    Range Report 2: 25-yard: 16 Types: $$=subMOA - RimfireCentral.com Forums

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the link and added the sporter to the rimfire page. I definitely prefer tradional looking firearms. I am mpolk on rimfirecentral also. I am going to try to make it to the range today if possible. I have 7 different kinds of match ammo, plus 3 different types of hv. I will try to document them and see what shoots best. I will post them on rimfirecentral. Thanks again

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Building these little rifles is a major hobby of mine. $800 is about right to get them where I want them. I like to target shoot and compete in matches but lately, my friend and I found a better activity. We place clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm and pick them off. The rifles will nail those birds at 200 easily. If the wind comes up, it gets even more challenging! The best part is when all the whole birds are broken, you pick off the pieces. It gets more and more difficult as the day progresses. My rule is to never hit the range with less than 2 bricks of ammo!

These rifles make me ....crazy.......nutso. Just bought two more at pawn shops and will give them the treatment, too. One will get a Green Mountain bull barrel, big scope and a Hogue stock. The other will get a new stock barrel and a big scope. The stocker will be used to compare with the rebuilt ones for accuracy at 200.

Flash

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Brad at Selph Arms recrowned my 10/22T and now it shoots Wolf Match as well as the Eley stuff. I was getting consistent 1 MOA groups at 100 yards and 5 shot groups the same size as the Eley.

Top Bottom