• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In my quest to find out what is good ammo and what is bad I've added a few others to the good list.

15.jpg

Federal's AutoMatch bulk pack shoots respectably, but is by no means significantly superior to standard bulk ammos. This is about on par with most of the other bulk offerings from CCI and Federal, and in my experience, better than Remington's.

16.jpg

Wolf Match, aka SK Standard Plus, was a strong performer. I got alot of consistent groupings out of this ammo and is probably one of the most cost effective ammunition choices on the market. To most .22 shooters this isn't a big surprise, but gives a benchmark for the other choices, and really makes paying $10+ for Eley a bit tough.

17.jpg

This is another German .22 product that we just happened to have on the shelf. It's RWS Target Rifle and is by no means cheap at $8 a box, but WOW ... it outshot Eley! When I shot this group I was beginning to think I got a flier and wasn't too sure where the others were going. For what it's worth ... the group is less than half the size of a dime, and it's 5 shots.

18.jpg

CCI's GreenTag has always intrigued me and I was pretty happy to try it out. I've seen Bulls-eye shooters shoot a fair amount of it as practice ammo so I figured it was worth trying. At around the same price as Wolf Match and the RWS I was pretty pleased with the results. It's holding it's own with the moderately priced ammos. I did notice alot of verticle stringing with this ammo though.
    Lynx Defense

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    awesome - thanks for the report. I bought some green tag ammo and shot it last weekend at ASC. I was impressed with it, well compared to the CCI Mini Mags i was plinking with.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    Thanks for posting this. I suscribed to the thread so I wouldn't loose it. That RWS looks very interesting. I did find it at $6.00 a box, but seems no discount for larger quantities. Also didn't check out the shipping costs.

Champion Shooters

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Great report, Alan. I have to wonder why you switched from ten-shots to five from report #1 to #2? I think ten is a much better indicator of true accuracy. Just my opinion...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Great report, Alan. I have to wonder why you switched from ten-shots to five from report #1 to #2? I think ten is a much better indicator of true accuracy. Just my opinion...

5 shots is really a good indication for quality ammo. With 10 shots I really am suffering with the parallax on my scope. My eyes fatigue significantly when I am looking through the scope for the ammo tests.

Thinking back I should have bought a parallax adjustable scope, but I plan to shoot at 200 - 300 yards with this 10/22 and the Redfield will be better suited for that.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Have you tried Aguila Match rifle, excellent in my 10/22, also the subsonic in that brand is excellent, I find both better then Wolf match.

Top Bottom