Join TexasGunTalk

Ruger 10/22 Accessories - Must Have's

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Texas1911, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    The Volquartsen piece is 11.49, is the Power Custom one any better? Looks like a completely different design on the holes.

2. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Here's a TX company that has them as well : Ruger 10-22 Bolt Parts

Or go brownells and support the forum.

3. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    One thing to remember about the auto bolt release is that if you tap the butt of your rifle (as just a little on the floor) it will release the bolt. That's because the inertia of the somewhat heavy bolt allows it to move back enough to release the grip the bolt catch has. It's not a major issue, just something to be aware of and probably the reason Ruger doesn't ship with this configuration.

As another mod, I like the KIDD pin kit, and KIDD cocking assembly which comes with three different weight springs so you can tune to the ammo you're shooting. Relatively inexpensive and easy to install.

4. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Great link Rob thanks

5. matefrio

Gun kings has my recommendation. I've used them for several parts for my Ruger and Buckmark.

6. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have not seen that before.

7. matefrio

I think an extended mag release is high on the list a 10\22 should have.

Even better is a large lever release.

[​IMG]

8. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    The one I mentioned is an Auto Release and Extended . There is an extra bit of it that extends down so you can reach it easier, so in my thinking it corrects 2 problems for me

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known TGT Supporter

Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Great for plinking and benchwork but I've had that snag on me a few times out popping squirrels in the field. I sometimes hold my rifle by gripping around the action where the magazine sits (at the point of balance) and the long lever hangs up on my clothes from time to time - doesn't happen a lot but it has happened on occasion. Funny as hell to be walking along then suddenly have your magazine drop to the ground...

Funny as in...NOT.

10. AKMike

AKMike TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Texas
    I made my own buffer out of 1/4'' OD plastic water tubing and a piece of all thread works pretty good if I say so myself