• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Seems like if you're going to have limited view shooting bays, an RSO tower, like we had in the military, might be in order?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Seems like if you're going to have limited view shooting bays, an RSO tower, like we had in the military, might be in order?
    Ive read that as a suggestion or to have a scissor lift. Just the RO being last down range and sweeping the range would suffice.

I did most of my shooting before Texas in the military and was a range officer. Those were extremely controlled ranges. So things like Hicksville freak me out a bit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So things like Hicksville freak me out a bit.
    The last time (before this video) that I saw a video that really freaked me out was shot on public land out in Nevada (or something). The shooters were way out in the desert shooting steel at 1000 yards (or something like that). Out of nowhere, some folks riding dirt bikes drove right into the line of fire.

Hicksville may not be ideal but everybody there knows it's a shooting range. I can't imagine shooting at an impromptu range set up on land that other folks may be simultaneously (and unbeknownst to me) using for dirt biking or bird watching or whatever.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The last time (before this video) that I saw a video that really freaked me out was shot on public land out in Nevada (or something). The shooters were way out in the desert shooting steel at 1000 yards (or something like that). Out of nowhere, some folks riding dirt bikes drove right into the line of fire.

Hicksville may not be ideal but everybody there knows it's a shooting range. I can't imagine shooting at an impromptu range set up on land that other folks may be simultaneously (and unbeknownst to me) using for dirt biking or bird watching or whatever.
    Ive heard Nutnfancy had some issues like that. He shoots in Utah I believe.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Side note: I'd sure hate to be the shooter who had to stop and then re-shoot that stage. I'd be pretty shook up to know that I had just come far closer than I ever want to shooting an innocent person.
    Shook up is an understatement. If I was the shooter or the guy taping I'd tell the organizers to FOAD, leave, and never goto one of their event's again.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Shook up is an understatement. If I was the shooter or the guy taping I'd tell the organizers to FOAD, leave, and never goto one of their event's again.
    Yeah...it wasnt like a target fell down or they messed up the timer. Ill be talking to a USPSA shooter tomorrow id really like to find out what the heck happened here. I might bring a flare gun to the next match, just in case.

Top Bottom