• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    So I see the "Planning" of round 2 has been started... when does the shooting of round 2 begin?? Not that I have a front sight for mt pistol yet, Just wondering when to start crying about missing it..... I never saw a post for a match in July and here Aug. is almost over and ??? Any chance for September?
    MG
    Capitol Armory ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So I see the "Planning" of round 2 has been started... when does the shooting of round 2 begin?? Not that I have a front sight for mt pistol yet, Just wondering when to start crying about missing it..... I never saw a post for a match in July and here Aug. is almost over and ??? Any chance for September?
    MG

DFW shot July(Scores HERE) and August is happening this weekend.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    MG

You guys been asleep??
    I think it is fear I smell.
    In July I posted DFW scores to Alan.
    We are shooting August this Sunday and I'll submit those to Alan and you guys need to step up and shoot twice this month - LOL!!!
    Come on!!!!
    We be waiting!!!
    I hope in a fire fight you guys are better prepared!!!
    (Note to self, don't kick the bear, don't kick the bear)

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Well sorry I missed all the fun... I had hoped that wasn't the case.. BUT, I did finally get the new sights installed on the 'ol pistole' and they look pretty damn good if I say so myself! I do believe they need to be field tested and adjusted for the "X" ring!! I have to work Saturday, but I'm sure there will be time Sunday to burn some cordite!! How about it TGT Austin shooters.... Anyone with me??? MG

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Well it looks like the interest in Bullseye shooting has pretty much died in this part of the country.... Mad Mo, Can I shoot on a DFW team? It would just have to be WAY SOUTH DFW....MG

Aenimated1

Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    DFW shot July(Scores HERE) and August is happening this weekend.

Hey shorts,
    I have been out of pocket for a while. Is that shoot this saturday the 5th?
    If so I would like to either compete with yall or just show up and have a good time. I don't want to assume that I am still on the team because I have been absent for a few weeks. Let me know.

I hope it is this coming Saturday; I need another fun day at the range with ya'll.

Robert

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey shorts,
    If so I would like to either compete with yall or just show up and have a good time. I don't want to assume that I am still on the team because I have been absent for a few weeks. Let me know.

I hope it is this coming Saturday; I need another fun day at the range with ya'll.

Robert

Hey Robert, I was wondering how you've been. I figured your jerk of a boss had you all tied up in work

We just shot August this past Sunday the 30th. Next TGT shoot will be Sept 27.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hey shorts,

Robert

Next meet is the 27th at El Fork.
    We got out of town company coming to shoot with us - come on and join in!!!!

oh ya - where the hell have you been - we missed ya!!!!

Aenimated1

Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    Next meet is the 27th at El Fork.
    We got out of town company coming to shoot with us - come on and join in!!!!

oh ya - where the hell have you been - we missed ya!!!!

I miss yall too. I think I have said many times; or I have meant to, that I would rather hang out with ya'll than the finest people in the world. So....that is saying something, huh?

I have had my head thoroughly planted up my ass lately with work and the kids. I am self employed but I just picked up a considerable amount of subcontract work lately along with my pistolsmithing gig. I have been blessed to have plenty of work lately so I shouldn't complain. But I will, because I haven't had any time to shoot. Lately my only trips to the range have been brief trips to test a client's pistol and I usually fire less than 50 when I do.

I just picked up a new; and my first, .45. I can see why you geezers - er, rather, experienced tactical operators, like the .45 round. It just looks sexy. I picked up a new-to-me Sig P220 Carry SAO w/beavertail. Ya'll are welcome to fondle her at the range.

See ya'll then,

Robert

Aenimated1

Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    Lastly, my dear well-meaning wife a couple of weeks ago was on the computer when she got a "warning email" from a Norton type company about a virus our computer has and that she should download the free software immediately to protect the computer. I think you can see this coming.....wait for it......patience........the free software WAS the virus. Ugh. I am going to let this one go though; I'm sure she has granted me a pass on past mess-ups as well.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Lastly, my dear well-meaning wife a couple of weeks ago was on the computer when she got a "warning email" from a Norton type company about a virus our computer has and that she should download the free software immediately to protect the computer. I think you can see this coming.....wait for it......patience........the free software WAS the virus. Ugh. I am going to let this one go though; I'm sure she has granted me a pass on past mess-ups as well.
    Very wise grasshopper, very wise indeed!!!!

Aenimated1

Mar 17, 2009
    Carrollton
    That was the most fun I have had at the range all year.
    Thanks to all in the DFW crew.

I had the pleasure of shooting a pair of 3.5lb disconnector Glocks; which I loved. I got to shoot a very nice Ruger .44 Mag; thanks to Mo. And I got to shoot a wonderful AR chambered in .45 ACP thanks to USMC!

I guess in the interest of full disclosure and all that junk I should mention that I also shot a "very nice" Hi......alright I can say this.....Hi - Poi........I just can't say it with a straight face or any pride....Hi-Point! Ha! There, I said it. I shot a Hi-Point and I am not afraid to say it. It was Mo's. I think he got it free with Cracker Jack points or something. Or maybe it came in a box of Cheerios. Either way, it did shoot, and rather nicely at that. I just made sure no one was looking!

Top Bottom