• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Mar 16, 2009
    ooooohhh. what about the shooter with the lowest score. I think I could win that one...lol

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    We are ready for another match!!!

Now this is just my opinion here for what its worth.

Not to sound like I am ringing my own bell here but after the first TGT meet I took it upon myself to “work” the forum every day looking for new members in the DFW area and PM them info on the DFW group.

Alan if you remember I asked you if you could pull a list out of the data on your server of new members.

A list like that would allow a person to work that list and grow out that cities team.

It would require someone in that area to spend some time on the forum “working” those new members until the group was solidly formed.

Teams could be developed all over the state in large and small cities; but someone has to be willing to put the time in.

Things have gotten much easier now that I have a form letter and shooters group formed so when a new member in the area joins the forum, I just PM the info and group invite.

Also now that the DFW group has formed and become solid, many of the members help me buy encouraging new area members to come out and join us. This is a tremendous help! I accredit the growth of our group to everyone’s encouragement and excitement in our monthly shoot threads. This entices people to come out and join in.

So I guess what I am saying in a long drawn out manner – Alan we need a list of new members and a few volunteers!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hmmmmmmmm, no comments from anyone!!!!?????
    No one want to play this month???
    DFW is ready to shoot again.
    Are you guys afraid you can't back up your win???

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    RE: shootin' match

I know I'm jumping in late here but can someone send me some contact info to join the Austin area team. Now, technically I'm from Leander so if I can round up some Cedar Park people maybe we can start our own team but in the meantime, I'd like to know what ranges(distance) and targets ya'll are using to get a little practice in. I'm no marksman but I am always lookin' to improve my skills.:1zhelp:

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I know I'm jumping in late here but can someone send me some contact info to join the Austin area team. Now, technically I'm from Leander so if I can round up some Cedar Park people maybe we can start our own team but in the meantime, I'd like to know what ranges(distance) and targets ya'll are using to get a little practice in. I'm no marksman but I am always lookin' to improve my skills.:1zhelp:

Can't help with the the Austin folks, but I'm sure they will chime in. As far as the shooting. We shoot standard B27 targets. 5 shots at 3 yards, 5 at 7 yards, 5 at 15 yards and 5 at 25 yards. Hits scored equal to the ring they are in. Perfect score (all x ring) 200 points. All off hand shooting, two or one hand, your choice. No rests and no time limit. See results from last match here
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/tgt-bulls-eye-competition/7271-round-1-results.html

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Just my opinion here but start your own team.

If you can gather up some friends and have them join the TGT family then form your local team and compete against everyone else.

Here in DFW we have such diversity in skill levels it would be nice to be able to compete on more than one skill level.

That's really the whole idea behind this , is to get every skill level involved all across the state.

As we build more teams then we can diversify further as to skill, sight type, distances, caliber, ect...

So get busy and build your own city town team.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The Austin team is kinda full, we need someone to start a second team, and you guys up North would be a prime candidate for that. Big you wanna get that one started? Georgetown is close enough to be Austin. You guys would be the 2nd team.

As far as Austin, we are kinda sorta ready, but with Houston wanting to get involved this time around I think we need to give it a little bit more time. That way DFW can organize a few teams, Houston can get setup, and Austin can get a 2nd team involved. Who knows, maybe even San Antonio will step up.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Anyone shooting this month???

Like the title says, who's shooting this month???
    Is DFW gona win on a default???
    Come on folks, what's up?????

Top Bottom