• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have a Romeo 5 on my newest AR15. Out to the range for the first time. Ran out of adjustment to the left at 100 yards. Do I just pull the optic, reset it and try to sight it in again?

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I have a Romeo 5 on my newest AR15. Out to the range for the first time. Ran out of adjustment to the left at 100 yards. Do I just pull the optic, reset it and try to sight it in again?

Probably not much help, but I have a Romeo 5 on a 9mm AR w/10.5 barrel, i dialed it in at 15ish yards just to get it on paper but was easily able to hit torso sized steel at 100 after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Thx. I was hitting paper and grouping at 1-1/2”- ish high at 100 yards. Wanted to pull it left about 3-1/2” and ran out of adjustment. Looking for ideas to solve that

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Did the POI move any at all before you ran out of adjustment? If the sight is ¼" moa per click, about 14 clicks left should have put it right on.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thx. I was hitting paper and grouping at 1-1/2”- ish high at 100 yards. Wanted to pull it left about 3-1/2” and ran out of adjustment. Looking for ideas to solve that

Remember, your dot covers about 2” at 100 yds, so your elevation may within the capability of the optic at 100. Sig says the R5 has at least 40moa of windage available, so if you went 20 clicks left the elevation did not shift at all, that’s a call to Sig for warranty work. But for shîts and giggles, I’d run windage back to center and then 5 or 10 clicks to the right just to see what happens.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Remember, your dot covers about 2” at 100 yds, so your elevation may within the capability of the optic at 100. Sig says the R5 has at least 40moa of windage available, so if you went 20 clicks left the elevation did not shift at all, that’s a call to Sig for warranty work. But for shîts and giggles, I’d run windage back to center and then 5 or 10 clicks to the right just to see what happens.
    Fair enough. I’m going to take a friend with me to spot. It’s kind of a PITA to do it solo at this range.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Not a bipod. Resting the forearm on a sand bag and shouldering the stock. Historically that’s all I’ve needed to tune in this sort of set-up. Hell- I’m winning just seeing the danged target circle 100 yards away. I’m fairly sure of my hold in general and I have one hell of bd a good trigger in this Colt. Iron sites on this guy were shooting great.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not a bipod. Resting the forearm on a sand bag and shouldering the stock. Historically that’s all I’ve needed to tune in this sort of set-up. Hell- I’m winning just seeing the danged target circle 100 yards away. I’m fairly sure of my hold in general and I have one hell of bd a good trigger in this Colt. Iron sites on this guy were shooting great.

So if they’re standard height irons, I just lollipop the dot on top of the front sight post with a good sight pic through the rear and go from there for any dialing in. That probably is no help to you though.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Thx. I’ll just take the advice of centering the knob mechanically and having a buddy do the spotting for me. You know- I have a real deal ACOG that adjusts backwards. This one seems stuck though.Maybe an Aimpoint is in my future

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So if they’re standard height irons, I just lollipop the dot on top of the front sight post with a good sight pic through the rear and go from there for any dialing in. That probably is no help to you though.
    Yes- Actually- that’s very helpful. I got frustrated yesterday and didn’t think that through. Also was running out of time and wanted to shoot the 308 Ruger Scout. That Burris 2.75x glass is on for sure

Top Bottom