Riton

Texas_Ag

Apr 13, 2017
Anyone have any experience with Riton scopes? Specifically their 6-24.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
No experience with them but did peruse their site.

Nothing really special but also no major red flags.

Why are you looking at them if you don't mind me asking? Somebody recommend them, scope is on a rifle you are buying, buddy sells them, found one cheap?

Texas_Ag

Apr 13, 2017
I want a scope for my .308 and It looked like a good price. I paid basically the same amount for my strike eagle. I want something with more magnification. Do you recommend anything?

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
For that price range I hear good things about the Athlon scopes. Decent quality, ffp reticles, and good customer service and warranty.

The Primary Arms scopes are good too and affordable.

Vortex is generally my go to brand for scopes. They have some very affordable options but get spendy for some of the extras. Great warranty and hard to beat for value.

SWFA is worth a look too and I like their site for comparing options and prices.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
No experience with them but did peruse their site.

Nothing really special but also no major red flags.

Why are you looking at them if you don't mind me asking? Somebody recommend them, scope is on a rifle you are buying, buddy sells them, found one cheap?
Old thread ...

My gunsmith and hunting buddy recommended the 6-24x50 X3 for my latest 308 build.
At sub $400, the price was very appealing.

Haven't gotten on the hunting grounds with it, but just fiddling with it while mounting and bore sighting, the glass is as clear as my Leupold VX-R. Turrets are firm and have a solid detent. Very nice low light performance.

Hopefully, I can get it to a blind next weekend and get after a few pigs.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member