• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigJiLm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Dallas
    I was looking for ammo and this store came up, Royal Ammo Shop - http://royalammoshop.com, and i ordered a case of 7.62 for $250.00, and $30 for shipping on 8/28/21. They have no way to pay when i checked out, so i was told in an email to pay with Zelle out of my bank account or bitcoin. On 8/30/21 i sent them $280 by Zelle to Keoriea@gmail.com, Keoriea Franklin. The domain was registered in Iceland.

Then they tell me their account is limited and to send it again to Aradi004@fiu.edu, which is Florida International University. I contacted that University to see who's email that was.

Then I get an email from the "shipper" that said I needed to pay them $100, even though I paid $30 for shipping, and $80 will be refunded when it is delivered, and magically I would receive the shipment that day. That shipper also registered the domain in the same city in Iceland me is also an Iceland registration and that company is info@expresssdeliveryservices.com, Express Delivery Services https://expresssdeliveryservices.com/. Its a fake shipping company again with no address or info yet they are a global shipper.

They also sent me a text from; 931-298-0022. I looked at their domain, and it was registered a few months ago in Iceland.

They have several emails; info@royalammoshop.com, royalammo496@gmail.com, ajxazekfpakh7mtrpk8z57ewdwogx7ob-82f71daf195a4e0f@tidioreply.com.

My mistake was not looking at the contact info or lack of it, as no address or phone # would have ended my order at this site, buyer beware!!!
    DK Firearms

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    BigJiLm,

While I'm not slamming you, the obvious rules of buying online should have applied.

1. Can you contact them by phone or email? These guys have an online form with no phone number or email. That should have been a major nope! moment.

2. Do they have an actual storefront or base of operation with a physical address? It doesn't appear so.

3. Did you research the seller? In this case, the first hit I had on duckduckgo for the search: "royalammo review" was this:

Royalammo says they have been in business for over 7 years, but scam-detector says the domain name is relatively new.

That site rates them a 20.8 on a scale of 100 for trust.

4. What payment options do they have? Most companies will take the major cards. Even the smallest online dealer takes major credit cards for payments. These guys apparently have PayPal, but the others are bigtime red flags. There is recourse through PayPal, but you may be SOL with any other payment option.

5. The most important and oldest rule of commerce applies: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. The price you were hoping to get is quite a bit lower than the price most dealers are selling. The lowest price right now on ammoseek is $432.59 for a case of 7.62x39. And that does not include shipping.

If you are desperate for ammo, and/or can't find it locally, go to ammoseek.com. At least they have pricing for online ammo and links to vetted sites, as well as reviews of those sites so you know what you are getting into.

Not that it will help, but you can also report them to the FTC:

Maybe your bank can do something, but if not, chalk it up as a lesson learned and be more prepared next time.

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They have no way to pay when i checked out, so i was told in an email to pay with Zelle out of my bank account or bitcoin. On 8/30/21 i sent them $280 by Zelle to Keoriea@gmail.com, Keoriea Franklin. The domain was registered in Iceland.

That should have been your first clue. No legitimate business is going to do that. No legitimate business is going to have the shipper contact you for payment like that, and they're not going to have you pay them just to refund you later. They're not going to use multiple different email addresses that are vastly different from one another.

Every single stage of that transaction was a massive red flag.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are desperate for ammo, and/or can't find it locally, go to ammoseek.com. At least they have pricing for online ammo and links to vetted sites, as well as reviews of those sites so you know what you are getting into.

You still need to be careful using them. A lot of the sites that turn up in their ammo search don't seem to be the best. A lot seem kind of scammy, and I have heard quite a few bad things. None seem to be this level of scam though.

His best bet is to stick to well known and respected sites. I'll list a few for him.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was looking for ammo and this store came up, Royal Ammo Shop - http://royalammoshop.com, and i ordered a case of 7.62 for $250.00, and $30 for shipping on 8/28/21. They have no way to pay when i checked out, so i was told in an email to pay with Zelle out of my bank account or bitcoin. On 8/30/21 i sent them $280 by Zelle to Keoriea@gmail.com, Keoriea Franklin. The domain was registered in Iceland.

Then they tell me their account is limited and to send it again to Aradi004@fiu.edu, which is Florida International University. I contacted that University to see who's email that was.

Then I get an email from the "shipper" that said I needed to pay them $100, even though I paid $30 for shipping, and $80 will be refunded when it is delivered, and magically I would receive the shipment that day. That shipper also registered the domain in the same city in Iceland me is also an Iceland registration and that company is info@expresssdeliveryservices.com, Express Delivery Services https://expresssdeliveryservices.com/. Its a fake shipping company again with no address or info yet they are a global shipper.

They also sent me a text from; 931-298-0022. I looked at their domain, and it was registered a few months ago in Iceland.

They have several emails; info@royalammoshop.com, royalammo496@gmail.com, ajxazekfpakh7mtrpk8z57ewdwogx7ob-82f71daf195a4e0f@tidioreply.com.

My mistake was not looking at the contact info or lack of it, as no address or phone # would have ended my order at this site, buyer beware!!!
    You're a bit late on the alert.

Live n learn,

Top Bottom