• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The Valley"

Having spent much of my life in Texas; South, Coastal Bend, West, & Central Texas; I know that Texas' Rio Grande Valley is very fast growing, enjoys increasing prosperity, and attracts residents from all over Texas, our area, and distant parts.

If TGT is to have regional sections, the "Valley" certainly deserves its own section.

The Valley is much larger than Killeen, Midland-Odessa, Lubbock, or even Corpus Christi.

Valley cities have many sportsmen & sportswomen, with numerous 2A supporters, military veterans, etc. The area also has Texas' best fishing, beaches, and bird hunting.

McAllen, Mission, Harlingen, Willacy County, Weslaco, even the once-sleepy Brownsville, are all booming today.

Please give our much-loved "Valley" its own section here.

leVieux
    Gun Zone Deals

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    leVieux,

SOUNDS GOOD to me. = Fyi, when I was the State's Security Officer of the TXARNG, I spent considerable time in the border area & agree 100% with you.

yours, satx

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aint the valley predominately blue?

Correct, the votes are predominantly democrat. But, there is a very strong pro-2A sentiment.

Our Brownsville/Cameron County FoNRA group was active & well-represented. Some of our committeemen were democrats.

Sadly, many of the residents are conservative but vote democrat because of media pressure and local "Politiqueras".

It wouldn't take much to turn that "blue" to Red!

Ricardo Hinojosa is a really popular Republican US Federal Judge in Edinburg-McAllen. Some inroads have been made. Many of the democrat "old guard" are actually pro-NRA. I liken the situation to 1960's Louisiana, which was democrat but about to "flip", which it did, and with no remorse.

The population, economy, and local sportsmen deserve a place here.

leVieux

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    That ain't aimed at anyone in particular.
    Just some personal experiences.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Just as a point of interest, the Mission, McAllen, Edinburg Metropolitan Area is now the 5th largest in Texas while the Harlingen, Brownsville Metro is ranked 8th.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I've always loved traveling the Valley, especially that sweet tea.

I have lots of family(from the wife)there and attachment via possible son-in-law.

As a casual attendee on the forum I vote to give them a section. Even though I think I jumped the gun on that part.

Top Bottom