• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    My kids are starting to ask me to take them shooting. Daughter is 6, son is 5. I wanted to start them out with airguns, but figured I might as well go the 22 route. What options are out there for youth size rifles? Currently looking at the Savage Rascal and CZ 457 scout. Huge difference in price between the two.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Rascal would be good but they would grow out of it quickly.... kids grow like weeds.
    I would suggest a S&W MP 15/22 in a pistol platform with a brace. Its stupid light, has adjustable length of pull... what else you need for kids.

The CZ would be a good rifle to grow into, but IMO, would be too heavy & non adjustable stock is going to be a PITA to shoulder for anyone with short arms.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Rascal would be good but they would grow out of it quickly.... kids grow like weeds.
    I would suggest a S&W MP 15/22 in a pistol platform with a brace. Its stupid light, has adjustable length of pull... what else you need for kids.

The CZ would be a good rifle to grow into, but IMO, would be too heavy & non adjustable stock is going to be a PITA to shoulder for anyone with short arms.
    I have many good years out of a m&p 15-22. I got one the first year it came out and it just flat out works. No jams and pretty accurate. It will also accept an AR binary trigger. Bolt release, charging handle etc all work like an AR so you also get to develop some muscle memory for the youngsters.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I thought the same thing....but the mags and controls might be unwieldy for a smaller child. I'm leaning more toward a Ruger Charger with a brace....

....assuming that Pudding Pants doesn't have F-Troop bugger with the legality of braces....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo