Rift S coming my way-game/sim recommendations?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I’ve gotten hooked on DCS. They put the P-47 out on early release and I couldn’t say no.

It’s got terrible optimization, but the sim quality is amazing. Switched to the Open Beta version with some improvements. Still, it’s a resource hog. But great if you want to fly military aircraft with more than just “point and click” flight and weapons functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flgfish

Aug 16, 2020
The Woodlands
I can rock on some beatsaber. My taste probably sucks. Will have to look into the flight games, I bet that is sweet. Ours has been out of commission for two months - hope you never, ever have to use Oculus for hardware support.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I can rock on some beatsaber. My taste probably sucks. Will have to look into the flight games, I bet that is sweet. Ours has been out of commission for two months - hope you never, ever have to use Oculus for hardware support.
Given that FB is completely taking over Oculus and will require FB account and login by 2023 for current users and immediately for new users, I plan to switch to whatever else is on the market if this one shits the bed.

Possibly the Reverb G2 if it holds up to early reviews. Valve Index is really nice but extremely expensive and requires sensors (actually light emitters) places around the room. I will stick with the inside out tracking for convenience. But not Facebookulus.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
Jan 25, 2019
Red Oak TX
I’ve gotten hooked on DCS. They put the P-47 out on early release and I couldn’t say no.

It’s got terrible optimization, but the sim quality is amazing. Switched to the Open Beta version with some improvements. Still, it’s a resource hog. But great if you want to fly military aircraft with more than just “point and click” flight and weapons functionality.

The best DCS aircraft models imo are:
F-86F Sabre
A-10C Warthog
L-39 Albatross
F-5E Tiger II

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
The best DCS aircraft models imo are:
F-86F Sabre
A-10C Warthog
L-39 Albatross
F-5E Tiger II

I’m not so much interested in the modern stuff. Maybe the A-10 but I’ve read it’s one of the most complicated to learn as far as the weapons system goes and being a sim model it’s pretty much useless outside of ground strikes. Modern jets just don’t have the same cool factor for me as WW2 warbirds.

The Mustang model is supposed to be the best WW2 aircraft as far as complete modeling goes, but with most modules being around $50 I will wait for a sale before I try any more.

Would have to have a clickable cockpit too. I don’t have enough buttons for every keybind and couldn’t remember the combinations if I did.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
Jan 25, 2019
Red Oak TX
I’m not so much interested in the modern stuff. Maybe the A-10 but I’ve read it’s one of the most complicated to learn as far as the weapons system goes and being a sim model it’s pretty much useless outside of ground strikes. Modern jets just don’t have the same cool factor for me as WW2 warbirds.

The Mustang model is supposed to be the best WW2 aircraft as far as complete modeling goes, but with most modules being around $50 I will wait for a sale before I try any more.

Would have to have a clickable cockpit too. I don’t have enough buttons for every keybind and couldn’t remember the combinations if I did.

I set up my in flight controls on stick and throttle quad, and all my start procedure and shut down I use in cockpit clicks. Usually MFDs and such get used with in cockpit clicks as well.

Definitely always buy DCS modules when they're on sale.

I only listed the planes that have the best flight models and clickable cockpits. It wasn't really by a selection of my favorite planes so much as just the best simulation experience.

I recommend you check out aerobatics online. Can be a good time flying around and doing the canyon racing and pylon races.

Top Bottom