• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I tried a M&P 15-22 braced pistol this week. Really impressed with the size and weight. Not sure she could handle the AR-style controls easily. I may go with a braced Charger .22lr instead.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Ryantsg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    For my kids I am going 10/22s with the Blackhawk Axiom stock(I think they are discontinued but you can still find them) with 10/22 Tech sites and a red dot. The stock has a LOP from around 10.5" to 12+'. I just shot my sons today and it was used by our 8 year old up to the parents and all worked just fine. I am thinking about getting some BX-15 round magazines because the 25 rounders are long enough they interfere with the benches at ranges. As a former Appleseed instructor I have found that Bolt action 22 or Semi-auto 22 are the best. The single shots are a great first gun but they will quickly want to graduate to something a bit more useful I do not think you can get a more future proof gun than a 10/22. Though to be honest my kids also share a Marlin 39A that was the first rifle they learned to shot with but that is a super expensive alternative!

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I started my 2 boys on a ruger charger with bipod. Now it has a stock. They also have a cricket. If you like 10/22s take a look at the magpul stock. My take down LOP is pretty dang short

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Local gun store just presented me with another option.....the Henry AR-7. Size and weight seem right. Has Henry improved the reliability of this design? I really don't want a jammomatic to be her first rifle.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

AdioSS

I’m no Newb
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    I got a Chiappa M4-22 upper & put it on a PSA AR lower. It looks & feels like a real rifle, because it is. The upper receiver is plastic & it has a plastic handguard, so it is very lightweight. Other than the charging handle not going back very far, it functions just like a standard AR15. Some benefits are that you can swap that upper onto other AR lowers & the lower can be built however they want.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    People are missing that he wants to be able to shoot the same gun.
    Adjustable stock would be mandatory then. I think the Blackhawk Axiom is the lightest adjustable stock you can get for a 10/22. I have one on mine and really like it. If you paired that with one of the ultralight carbon fiber barrels, you'd have a very manageable rifle for a kid, yet still fun for an adult. Use a small red dot for the optic to keep the weight down and eliminate eye relief issues that might crop up between users of such varying size.

1640808896238.png

Ryantsg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Adjustable stock would be mandatory then. I think the Blackhawk Axiom is the lightest adjustable stock you can get for a 10/22. I have one on mine and really like it. If you paired that with one of the ultralight carbon fiber barrels, you'd have a very manageable rifle for a kid, yet still fun for an adult. Use a small red dot for the optic to keep the weight down and eliminate eye relief issues that might crop up between users of such varying size.

View attachment 296553
    Yep that’s the stock on my kids Rifle the LOP adjusts to fit my 8 year old up to me just fine. I have a TRS25 red dot and Tech sites.

Top Bottom