• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Looking to replace the wood stock on my T3x with a composite stock. Either my google-fu is lacking, or Bell & Carlson seems to be my only "off-the-shelf" option. My only experience with B&C stocks is the fact that I have a Winchester M70 300WM that came from the factory with a B&C stock, but that rifle still sits in the box it came in (LOL). So, the questions: Any reason not to go with B&C for my Tikka? Any other suggestions for a synthetic stock?

ETA: I hate those Hogue overmolded stocks, so please don't recommend them. ;)
    Lynx Defense

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I'd go with a McMillan...check with Rick on the 24 hr campfire forum. He's having a big sale on McMillans for Tikkas. No wait. Rick sells A LOT of McMillans. I think the sale thread is either on the "hunting rifles" or "custom rifles" thread, right at the top. There's also a thread on the custom rifles sub-forum called "Tricked Out Tikkas" that has LOTS of photos with aftermarket stocks.

I have a T3 (it's factory synthetic); it shoots too well to change stocks or play with the bedding. I'm just going to have it re-painted.
    Bob

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'd go with a McMillan...check with Rick on the 24 hr campfire forum. He's having a big sale on McMillans for Tikkas. No wait. Rick sells A LOT of McMillans. I think the sale thread is either on the "hunting rifles" or "custom rifles" thread, right at the top. There's also a thread on the custom rifles sub-forum called "Tricked Out Tikkas" that has LOTS of photos with aftermarket stocks.

I have a T3 (it's factory synthetic); it shoots too well to change stocks or play with the bedding. I'm just going to have it re-painted.
    Bob

Thanks Bob, much appreciated!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    How about that MC Operator? You were right about one thing: your Google-fu sucks.

You're creeping me out, dude... I don't even remember what the issue was with the MCO, other than the fact that I wound up with two more 1911's that I really like.

I don't hear my phone ringing...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom