• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    You know it’s bad when you can’t even find steel shot.... academy and bass pro had cases of waterfowl steel shot when I went on December 31....

since the “capital riot” apparently people went and bought it all for home protection per the guys at both academy and basspro today.... all a guy wants to do is go shoot some more ducks before season ends
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Birdshot in general has been going more than in previous scares. I suspect since cheap lead shot finally vanished from the shelves the steel shot was the only option left.

Capital riots probably have the final push for people to buy anything and everything left on the shelf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Yeah it’s been ridiculous... as a reloaded, I have been fine with everything. Occasionally bought some ammo as I’ve seen it but nothing crazy.

bought case of steel at beginning of year and just finally went through it, figured it wouldn’t be something I needed to stock on as I’ve never seen it go like this in any other scare

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I guess all the airsoft stuff will be next on the list. Its about the cheapest route you can go & still be able to get trigger time & practice.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I was at Bass Pro yesterday, naively looking to buy some 20 gauge slugs for indoor range shooting... no way.

They used to have an entire aisle of shotgun ammo in Dec, now all of it reduced to a 3'X3' area of maybe a 6-10 boxes each of 20 28, 16, and 12 gauge steel shot. The 20 g was going for 32 bucks for 25 rds :eek: And of course zero on all other calibers.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I went to Cabelas in Allen Yesterday and they had so little of anything firearms related they had to rearrange the entire area.

• Sad
    Reactions: MTA

Dr P

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Dallas
    You know it’s bad when you can’t even find steel shot.... academy and bass pro had cases of waterfowl steel shot when I went on December 31....

since the “capital riot” apparently people went and bought it all for home protection per the guys at both academy and basspro today.... all a guy wants to do is go shoot some more ducks before season ends
    I have a few boxes of #8 Lead 12 gauge, few steel buckshot, few slugs also.

I have a few boxes of 12 gauge lead #8, lead slugs, and buck shot (steel and lead).

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I don’t hunt, non lead shot is recquired for hunting in Texas?

Even our Cabelas has only 3 shelves w shotgun shells (as opposed to 8 prior)

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    This is where the balance falls. Steel shot in fowl-hunting sizes is very poor for defense but still much better than a sharp stick.

Top Bottom