• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Edit: I retract my comment because I have no idea what you are saying.
    what i was trying to say is that the company from sweden seems to to say that their is a way to make it legal and i have done a few searches on this topic with no hits on good info sorry if im not making this clear

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Possibly by using an autosear that was registered before 86. I don't know jack about CLIII 10/22s, but I know a ton about CLIIIs in general. An autosear would require a modified bolt and receiver, but you could still get a local smith to do the work on yours for less.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    what i was trying to say is that the company from sweden seems to to say that their is a way to make it legal and i have done a few searches on this topic with no hits on good info sorry if im not making this clear
    Codygjohnson posted the answer. You can't get a tax stamp for one of these. If you already have a full auto 10/22 (or just the sear) and you need a new bolt or whatever there is no reason to order it from Sweden.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    have you looked at the web site? it is a trigger pack and the bolt is from some other company in temple texas the main reason i posted was to see if anyone as done this or ordered for him

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    have you looked at the web site? it is a trigger pack and the bolt is from some other company in temple texas the main reason i posted was to see if anyone as done this or ordered for him

Done what? Created an illegal machinegun? I can do that in my shop in a few minutes without buying anything, I just choose to stay on this side of the law.

You could buy a pre 86 registered autosear (several thousand dollars), buy the modified bolt and trigger pack and convert your 10/22 into a machinegun legally, but you are going to spend more money than just having a smith do the modification for you on your parts. All of this starts with an expensive autosear. The tax stamp and paperwork is a drop in the bucket compaired to the autosear.

I'm not trying to discourage you here, I'm just not sure you understand how to go about getting into the full auto club.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The cheapest way into full auto NFA stuff is a Cobray M11 for ~$3-3.5k. No matter how hard you try and no matter how much it sucks (believe me, I know it sucks), there is no LEGAL way to get around this. What you are talking about with a NEW conversion would in every way, shape, and form be illegal. I'm not talking about modifying a gun to fit a registered transferable auto sear. I'm talking specifically about modifying a trigger pack to allow full auto with all new components. There are no two ways about it, it can't be done legally. I'm not trying to jump all over you Texasislandboy, but this thread has run it's course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom