• ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm old and I've spent an impressive amount of money making mistakes by buying the wrong stuff and subsequently learning things. So when another forum member brought up the concept of consolidating some of his revolvers into a lesser number of higher quality guns, I was intrigued.

Here's a thought experiment.

Assume you've had a fire and lost every revolver you own. However, you have a big insurance check.

Which revolvers would you purchase if you wanted to cover all the bases at the highest possible quality and do it with the least number of revolvers?

Cost is no object but you'll have to define "cover all the bases" for yourself and your situation.

What would your revolver collection look like?
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My collection would look pretty much the same as it is now.

I already sell or trade off what I don't want anymore so the collection is always getting thinned out.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's too late in the day for me to answer but I'll write something tomorrow. Brands like Freedom Arms, Picra, Korth, and Manhurin will likely be present.

C'mon, guys. I'm proposing a scenario where cost is no object so go ahead and spend some money.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    It's too late in the day for me to answer but I'll write something tomorrow. Brands like Freedom Arms, Picra, Korth, and Manhurin will likely be present.

C'mon, guys. I'm proposing a scenario where cost is no object so go ahead and spend some money.
    I would be looking towards Korth and Manhurin, for sure. I'd still want to add two single-action Rugers--one in .44mag and the other in .22LR/.22WMR.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Mid 1950’s S&W five-screw pre-model 27 .357 Magnum w/ 3.5” barrel.

2nd Gen Colt SAA .45LC 4 3/4in Blue w/ extra .45acp cylinder.

Luger P-08 Artillery model w/buttstock and snail drum(s).

Late 1950’s S&W Model 41 w/all barrel lengths.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm not a revolver person, but I'd just get a .357 4" revolver, probably a ruger, and spend the money on something else. Like a real nice ar or a gaggle of semi auto pistols

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo

LMAO! Ben I'm not familiar with 3 of the firearms you cited in your post so I went to the korth web site to take a peek. That no cost scenario is a must for one of those babies! If I had to do it over again after the fire I'd probably stick to what I know best with S&W and Ruger Mags!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm no expert on wheel guns but a 4" S&W 686/586 prelock or a 28-2 Highway Patrolman work perfectly for me.

A Colt Python would be a close second but I've never shot one. They have gotten too expensive but still very cool.

A 8-shot Ruger Redhawk is on my wish list but I don't want a Kimber or new Colt.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't know. I'm not much into wheel guns. But if I absolutely had to buy some, it would probably be:

S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum
    Wiley Clapp GP100 .357
    S&W Model 586 or 686
    Ruger NM Blackhawk 45 Colt convertible
    S&W 642
    S&W Model 617 in 22lr

I own the Blackhawk, but the others are the ones I've been window shopping and wishing I could afford.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I would replace the 4" S&W Model 19-3 pinned & recessed Combat Magnum I stupidly sold 10 years or so ago.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I would end up with just two revolvers. Both would be 4", or close enough to it, and one would be a .22lr and the other would be a .357 Mag. The brand(s) and model(s) of the replacements would take a bit of thought...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom