• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Need to adjust the rear sight (left-right) on my Ruger GP 100 357. What size screwdriver fits this and where can i get one without buying the entire set?
    sight.jpg

Attachments

• sight.jpg
      sight.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 304

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    One think a lot of semiauto shooters will do with a revolver is grip it the same way they do their semi auto pistols. ( thumbs forward)

This is a little unnatural on a revolver and a lot of students I have had shoot low and left with them.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Are you shooting it from a sandbag in single action?

Is it new or used?

Do you shoot revolver a lot?
    Single action. Started with 6 shots at 7 yards and another 6 on a fresh target at 15 yards. It's a new gun and I'm pretty accurate with a revolver.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    One think a lot of semiauto shooters will do with a revolver is grip it the same way they do their semi auto pistols. ( thumbs forward)

This is a little unnatural on a revolver and a lot of students I have had shoot low and left with them.
    That makes perfect sense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Single action. Started with 6 shots at 7 yards and another 6 on a fresh target at 15 yards. It's a new gun and I'm pretty accurate with a revolver.
    Try it sandbagged from those distances, on single action.

I haven’t had a Ruger revolver come with dud sights yet( although the sights on the newer 10/22s do suck mightily)

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Consistently low & left is almost ALWAYS caused by flinching. Get a buddy to load the gun for you, alternating with some emptys & live rounds. When you come up on the empty you will KNOW. I've seen where the gun almost jumps out of the shooters hand when hammer falls on that empty!

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Consistently low & left is almost ALWAYS caused by flinching. Get a buddy to load the gun for you, alternating with some emptys & live rounds. When you come up on the empty you will KNOW. I've seen where the gun almost jumps out of the shooters hand when hammer falls on that empty!
    i held back too for awhile, but absent an actual needed sight adjustment he's flinching. the unknown empty as described is the oldest/best way to prove it, and get over it.

Top Bottom