• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Best thing I ever did was to get picky about what carbs I eat and greedy for proteins. Lost @ 70lbs over the last year & a half, and my diabetes has stayed controlled with minimal meds & no insulin.
    Congratulations!

Have lost FOUR blame BOWLING BALLS! My own self....this last year...

As of last week? A1C is down to 6.1.....

I got a Birthday comin'....

I NEED a chunk of GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE! (not going to get one...)

1676129701929.png
    Target Sports

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Many “ real “ doctors don’t don’t know chit about drug interactions. I can’t count the number of times my Mom ( with her lowlyRN and years of experience- kept her license up to date in three States ) had to correct one of her newly graduated MDs on correct doesages and interactions of drugs they felt free to prescribe with out having the knowledge to do so.
    My wife Ph.D. (With experience in neuropharmacology) had to fly 700 hundred miles to dress a “ real “ doctor down and inform him of the drug interactions which were causing my MIL to come close to death. He was very dismissive and arrogant until he did his own research and discovered she was correct and the Doctor and hospital were about to get their ass sued if my MIL died.
    After spending months in the hospital. I can assure you an RN was generally more knowledgeable than a” rea “ doctor “ and a lot less arrogant.
    <>

Please note that my warning was about a very specific type of Nurse, not Nurses in general. Both of my Daughters are Nurses, although the younger is also a Doctor.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

The ’’health info’’ currently available via TV & the ‘net is absurdly erroneous.

U of Texas Health & LSU Pennington abandoned both ‘’Adkins’’ & ‘’Keto’’ diets years back b/c of universal long-term failures exceeding 95%.

’’Low FAT’’ food is and was an erroneous quest, but persists.

If one has a persistent toothache, they need a DENTIST. Period 1

ALL talk about ‘’immune system(s)’’ and ‘’purging’’ is pure QUACKERY ! ‘’Health Foods’’ are absolute nonsense, as are ‘’organic’’ foods.

But you can believe in fairies if you want.

The latest SCAM, thanks to our State Legislatures, is that any RN with a License can enroll in one of the BRIEF & very limited online courses to become a ‘’NURSE PRACTITIONER’’ at which time they can obtain additional license, then get narcotics permits and prescribe anything a MD can. These are not anywhere near the quality of the PA’s, NP’s, or APRN’s produced by ur universities. Be very cautious when dealing with any ‘’mid-level practitioner’’ ! Remember that you aren’t seeing a REAL Doctor, but will pay the same price.

But just do whatever you wish. . . . .

<>
    MOST DOCTORS ARE QUACKSAND KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN DIETS EVER WILL!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Many “ real “ doctors don’t don’t know chit about drug interactions. I can’t count the number of times my Mom ( with her lowlyRN and years of experience- kept her license up to date in three States ) had to correct one of her newly graduated MDs on correct doesages and interactions of drugs they felt free to prescribe with out having the knowledge to do so.
    My wife Ph.D. (With experience in neuropharmacology) had to fly 700 hundred miles to dress a “ real “ doctor down and inform him of the drug interactions which were causing my MIL to come close to death. He was very dismissive and arrogant until he did his own research and discovered she was correct and the Doctor and hospital were about to get their ass sued if my MIL died.
    After spending months in the hospital. I can assure you an RN was generally more knowledgeable than a” rea “ doctor “ and a lot less arrogant.
    If there was no money in it?

How come there are DRUG salesmen at the Dr's Office every day?

1676129498242.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    TOOMANY DOCTORS ARE TOOARROGANTMY PREVIOU DOCTOR AT THE CLINIC I USE COULD HAVE ADDRESSEDSOME OF MY HEALTH ISSUES A FEW YEARS AGO AND PROBABLY KEPT ME FROM HAVING A STROKE AND SPENDING THREE WEEKS IN THE HOSPITAL!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A1C is down to 6.1.....
    Good job. I was at 6.4 in December, came down with shingles, and got the normal treatment, including a steroid shot. Holy Cow! The doc wasn't kidding when she said it would screw with my blood sugar! For a while there, my readings moved more and just as sporadically as a ball in a pinball machine.

My sugar cravings have only started to normalize within the past couple of weeks. I take solace in the fact that my weight didn't go up but things sure were weird for a while.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Good job. I was at 6.4 in December, came down with shingles, and got the normal treatment, including a steroid shot. Holy Cow! The doc wasn't kidding when she said it would screw with my blood sugar! For a while there, my readings moved more and just as sporadically as a ball in a pinball machine.

My sugar cravings have only started to normalize within the past couple of weeks. I take solace in the fact that my weight didn't go up but things sure were weird for a while.
    Dang it son!

I got the Shingles shot, years ago...

My G'Ma had them REAL BAD! She was "wrapped" in them...said the ITCHED! Real Bad!

Am reluctant to get the "new/improved" shingles shot....(I'll speak with the Pharmacist....??)

Have heard the steroids help it somewhat....

Hope you don't have a blame relapse....

Last night? I would have given $10 for a pack of GRAHAM CRACKERS....(the urge passed)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My G'Ma had them REAL BAD! She was "wrapped" in them...said the ITCHED! Real Bad!
    The key to successful treatment is speed. If you feel that first twinge of pain (and shingles sufferers never forget what that feels like), drop whatever you're doing and get to the doctor for the steroid shot and the prescription. I don't mean make an appointment for a few days from now. I literally mean go right this second.

Giving shingles a few days to take hold can mean fighting excruciating pain and potential worse things for months.

And, yes I expect to relapse in the future. Nearly everyone has the bug in them and it only asserts itself when the immune system is already stressed to the point it can't continue to control the shingles.

I hope my expectation of a relapse is wrong, though. Doc urged me to get the vaccine, something I've never done. I'm going to change that.

Prisondoc210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Converse
    Congratulations!

Have lost FOUR blame BOWLING BALLS! My own self....this last year...

As of last week? A1C is down to 6.1.....

I got a Birthday comin'....

I NEED a chunk of GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE! (not going to get one...)

View attachment 371879
    Wife made this recently for a bake sale/fundraiser at our American Legion post. They're very tasty and definitely better for you than the genuine article (German Chocolate Cake) and would make a healthier birthday treat.
    ce21abbff5d8a299ac2f470e58f516bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

I just got the first shingles shot of the second vaccine series, this week.

If over 60, ask about shingles (Herpes Zoster) re-vaccination, as the newer vaccines are much better.

I’m still undecided re another COVID « booster ». My own Doc is, too.

Shingles has hit my Family hard. Dad was disabled by it, and our Cousin had shingles in his EYE !

leVieux

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    If there was no money in it?

How come there are DRUG salesmen at the Dr's Office every day?

View attachment 371878

When I worked in a orthopedic clinic they were there for us put the finger on them for lunch.

I enjoyed abusing the crap outta their corporate credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I worked in a orthopedic clinic they were there for us put the finger on them for lunch.

I enjoyed abusing the crap outta their corporate credit card.
    I once spent an hour talking to a drug company contractor who was responsible for on-boarding new groups of sales reps for a major pharmaceutical company. Essentially, we were comparing notes on the same task because I was part of the team doing the same thing for my bureau.

It was eye-opening.

A lot of time has passed so things may have changed and I don't do it anymore...but for decades every time I met a drug rep, I greeted them the same way.

"Glad to meet ya. It's always interesting to meet someone who has actually sold their soul to Satan."

Most interesting? Very few were ever offended. Most were very comfortable with the fact that I had some insight into their industry.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I once spent an hour talking to a drug company contractor who was responsible for on-boarding new groups of sales reps for a major pharmaceutical company. Essentially, we were comparing notes on the same task because I was part of the team doing the same thing for my bureau.

It was eye-opening.

A lot of time has passed so things may have changed and I don't do it anymore...but for decades every time I met a drug rep, I greeted them the same way.

"Glad to meet ya. It's always interesting to meet someone who has actually sold their soul to Satan."

Most interesting? Very few were ever offended. Most were very comfortable with the fact that I had some insight into their industry.
    drug reps do give doctor free samples that the give their patientsfree of charge iget copd inhalers from my docto to useif i had to buy them they are about $85.00each!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Wife made this recently for a bake sale/fundraiser at our American Legion post. They're very tasty and definitely better for you than the genuine article (German Chocolate Cake) and would make a healthier birthday treat.
    ce21abbff5d8a299ac2f470e58f516bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Would you believe?

Last night?

Aunt Sally called. Told me to "Get on up here."

She had made her FABULOUS BUTTERFANGER CHOCOLATE CAKE! Had a piece whilst visitin'....she sent two pieces home (sent pics to the Axxe Mann on the phone .....am too confuser challenged to post pics from fone to forum??)

It was DELICIOUS (will take me a couple days to finish the two pieces she sent home...)

My glucose was "only" 160 this morning.....despite having a piece of cake after 21:00hrs !

She rarely makes chocolate cake....she must be getting my "signal" loud & clear! :green:

Top Bottom