• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bonnie couldn't go to the show so I caught this one by myself. The movie had lots of action, new killer critters with cunning and plenty of "Oh Shit!" moments!

I liked the flick and it kept my interest but one thing kept gnawing at me. It was exactly the SAME story as the first version. Sure, they moved a few things around, the faces were different and the critters were hybrid and even more deadly BUT, it was the same damned story line!

Here's the whole plot:
    We have a real cool place here that we expect to make lots of money off of. Corporate sponsors are rubbing their greedy hands together.

Oh crap, some stuff is going wrong!

Don't tell anyone (or warn them) or we'll lose lots of money.

Critters begin eating visitors like popcorn.

Prehistoric birds begin carrying off the patrons for a snack.

OK, we gotta kill these critters to save the people!

The good guys win.
    =====================

Except for the giant birds munching on the visitors, a bigger, badder, hungry monster with a degree in psychology, it's the same flick as before!

Sure, there was plenty to see and lots to make you pucker your backside but there was very little new here.

Language was under control, there was no sexual content but eating of the Human population was up close and personal. CHOMP, there goes a guy's head and upper torso!

The same bratty, "Know It All" kids were present but with different faces.

I gave the movie a B+. It was a fun way to spend two hours on a rainy day.

Flash
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Nice review.

The original "Jaws" was done so well, that when the first "Jurrassic Park" and others of that genre were released, there was no "Oh Shit!" moment.

It is very difficult to recreate the jaw-dropping, breath-taking scene of a Great White Shark tearing a fishing boat to pieces.

Be well.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    what was Bonnie doin?

Bonnie lives 25 miles from me and has her own set of friends. Bonnie's (female) friend bought a new car and they had to pick it up. Her sleazy boyfriend somehow jacked with the old car and the security system disabled it. Still, it had to be moved then serviced and sold. That's about all that I know. I try to stay out of that stuff.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The dead one was a Nisson Ultima 2009. The new one is a Toyota Corolla LE. I just talked to Bonnie who is on the way over here. The lady GAVE the Nisson to her flaky boyfriend (ex con, doper, etc). Women.....geeze.

Flash

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I thought the movie was ok. I'd watch it again.

The kids are super entitled and it gets them nearly eaten. A number of times they're watching dinosaurs instead of taking cover.

The idiot response team couldn't handle their shit. They know they might have to put down animals right? They are way under gunned. The biggest gun I saw was a lever action 45-70 that the velociraptor guy carried. It was worthless. There was a rocket launcher but it somehow didn't harm the big dinosaur.

When the team track down the big dinosaur they don't start shooting it when they see it up close. Instead they wait for it to talk with the velociraptors until they started eating people. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because the teams weapons were ineffective.

I think the movie was very cool to watch, the people in the movie are idiots and pissed me off.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Bonnie couldn't go to the show so I caught this one by myself. The movie had lots of action, new killer critters with cunning and plenty of "Oh Shit!" moments!

I liked the flick and it kept my interest but one thing kept gnawing at me. It was exactly the SAME story as the first version. Sure, they moved a few things around, the faces were different and the critters were hybrid and even more deadly BUT, it was the same damned story line!

Here's the whole plot:
    We have a real cool place here that we expect to make lots of money off of. Corporate sponsors are rubbing their greedy hands together.

Oh crap, some stuff is going wrong!

Don't tell anyone (or warn them) or we'll lose lots of money.

Critters begin eating visitors like popcorn.

Prehistoric birds begin carrying off the patrons for a snack.

OK, we gotta kill these critters to save the people!

The good guys win.
    =====================

Except for the giant birds munching on the visitors, a bigger, badder, hungry monster with a degree in psychology, it's the same flick as before!

Sure, there was plenty to see and lots to make you pucker your backside but there was very little new here.

Language was under control, there was no sexual content but eating of the Human population was up close and personal. CHOMP, there goes a guy's head and upper torso!

The same bratty, "Know It All" kids were present but with different faces.

I gave the movie a B+. It was a fun way to spend two hours on a rainy day.

Flash

You're pretty much right on. Went to see it with my wife and son and we enjoyed the hell out of it. It probably appeals to a younger crowd who didn't see the first one in the theater.It's the first time in a long time that I've heard the audience applaud when the movie is over.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Thanks for the review!

It was entertaining, but probably would have been better had I not seen the original. I couldn't empathize with the characters, and didn't care for several scenes at all. Some of the acting was crap, Chris Pratt and his assistant in the movie were the best (didn't really care for the rest). It just wasn't believable enough this time. I wouldn't see it again...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How strange it is that we have multi million Dollar talent and writers but we still keep reheating and serving the same old crap! Sometimes, I think we are like baby birds who turn their open mouths upward and the parent birds stuff disgusting, regurgitated things down our throats.

Jurassic World was a fun flick even though they reheated and served a leftover story.

The movie "SPY" is one of those disgusting things with no redeeming value. Please stay away from that one! It's bad enough that Bonnie and I had to endure that movie.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom