Target Sports

Reveille Peak Ranch Range...what we offer (and what we should)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Karlac,

As a retired (28 years) and credentialed (retired ID holder) vet, I have to say, you need to chill out. No reason to give a small business owner in a tough field that grief. He's supporting our active duty folks, and I appreciate that.

Everybody wants free shit, not just the bernie bros.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The $30 fee for a 7 minute video is ridiculous. It will also prevent you from hosting a lot of matches, which are very lucrative for ranges but competitors will not pay that in addition to range fees.

Otherwise, I think you have a good plan.

peakshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Burnet, Tx
    The $30 fee for a 7 minute video is ridiculous. It will also prevent you from hosting a lot of matches, which are very lucrative for ranges but competitors will not pay that in addition to range fees.

Otherwise, I think you have a good plan.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Some clarity might be useful; the safety fee, membership fee, and range fees apply to public shooters using the range as individuals or small, unorganized groups.

When matches are held at our range, which they have been for many years, the cost to each shooter is determined by the organization holding the match. Whether the competitors are members of our range is a completely separate issue.

Hope to see you at the range...thank you again for your feedback.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    We have hosted several 3 gun matches and PRS matches. I don't know what practiscore is.

practiscore.com is where most places announce their matches and report their scores. It is usually the governing body (IDPA, USPSA, etc), that announces, not the host range. But you can search by range name and it seems:

the 2020 Magpul Texas 3 Gun Championship will be held at your place in May.

As I was getting at, your place is big enough to hold these major matches.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    practiscore.com is where most places announce their matches and report their scores. It is usually the governing body (IDPA, USPSA, etc), that announces, not the host range. But you can search by range name and it seems:

the 2020 Magpul Texas 3 Gun Championship will be held at your place in May.

As I was getting at, your place is big enough to hold these major matches.

I shot the TX LE multigun match there last year. RPR is big enough to handle large matches. Nice facility.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    I'm V.P. and a RO at our small outdoor range in Llano. Our longest lane is only 135 yards. I do occasionally have shooters who want to shoot longer ranges. (at least once every other week) Typically they want to shoot at least 600 yards. With Botw closed, we had no place to recommend. But now we will start recommending y'all. As for the cost, it's up to the shooter to decide if it is worth it. Good luck.

peakshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Burnet, Tx
    Thank you sir. We appreciate it very much. I am confident when people come out and see what we have to offer they will agree that the cost is reasonable.

If you visit please let me know ahead of time, I'd like to give you a tour and hear your thoughts as someone who actually runs a range as a business.

Thank you again,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom