• Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    27a45235f123ad7a5d10a2a2587748bc.jpg

8dc84216d025ec27650af81b9e0138d8.jpg

Here’s the hatchet head I mentioned earlier. I used a wire wheel on it and turns out it’s a “True Temper No. R25”
    77e355154715cd77268978f782da911f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine says "Victory" on the blade. This one belonged to my grandfather. He used it occasionally to lop off the heads of chickens for my Granny! I looked up the blade design, and this style of hatchet blade is a roofer's hatchet for doing shingles.

IMG_20201231_145111.jpg
    Target Sports

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sobi,

Man oh man, you do - do good work.

Hey, I've got an old claw hammer head that needs some TLC - a roofer left it my yard and I'm so glad I didn't find it with my beloved mower...

Just happened to spot it while picking up about 1000 roofing nails scattered about 10 feet out from my roof line completely around the house...gdammit!

Those bastards must broadcast them on purpose by the handful. I expect a few here and there after the job is done, but I picked up enough to re-roof the house.

Crazy old man rant off!

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Mine says "Victory" on the blade. This one belonged to my grandfather. He used it occasionally to lop off the heads of chickens for my Granny! I looked up the blade design, and this style of hatchet blade is a roofer's hatchet for doing shingles.

View attachment 238773

How is a hatchet used for roofing? Obviously the hammer is a hammer and that notch is a nail puller? What’s the blade used for

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    How is a hatchet used for roofing? Obviously the hammer is a hammer and that notch is a nail puller? What’s the blade used for

Shake shingles... Cedar wood shingle. They're pretty much outlawed by building codes now but back in the '60's they were prevalent. I made many a dollar installing them after high school let out.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Shake shingles... Cedar wood shingle. They're pretty much outlawed by building codes now but back in the '60's they were prevalent. I made many a dollar installing them after high school let out.

I figured it was for those. I’ve heard all the stories of bottle rockets starting fires

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    Electricians used the same hatchet, when you "roped" a house, the rope was romex wire and you chopped the wire off to length and the hammer end for nailing on boxes and staples

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood

In modern times, the blade is for scoring shingles. In the old days, was used for splitting wood shingles

Top Bottom