Replacing chronograph with the Garmin Xero C1 Pro?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I'm looking to get a new chronograph for the range. I have seen the Garmin Xero C1 Pro and think it has a lot to offer. Anyone have any info or experience with it?

I have a Competition Electronics ProChrono. Its OK but it does struggle with some shot recognition with varying lighting. The one big downside is you have to set it up downrange of the shooting bench/location and at ranges lik the one I go to that is a hassle with others shooting. You have to interrupt the whole shooting line to set up. The Garmin is very compact and sits on the tabletop or tripod behind the muzzle. It has a size advantage over the Lab Radar but its more expensive at $600. I like that I can toss it in a bag and it won't take up a lot of space or add too much weight. How do these radar chronos do in general with long range shooting? I couldn't find any info on Garmin's site for max range. I was under the impressino that Lab Radar can track the bullet all the way to the target and give data at the target. It turns out this is only 100 yards. Does the Garmin have more range?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    A bunch of regulars at my range replaced their lab radars and those bayonet style ones.

Haven't heard a single complaint

Top Bottom