• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    First time in 22 years I'm not working it. For those of you who have enjoyed it in the pass, I urge y'all to get out & support it this season. It's going to be a make or break season for many of the vendors. Try and remember it's not the wenches fault that she's wearing a mask behind plexiglass with no draft beer, so don't forget to tip!
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife and I might attend this year. I have really enjoyed the RenFest over the years. I have probably attend close to a dozen times and it never gets old. We still enjoy going and spending the day there, even though it's a bit of drive there and back.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We're planning to attend - going to see if my dad & his family will go with us, they've been before. That'd be 6 or 7 (depending if my bro comes home from college that weekend) supporting them. Been two decades since I attended a ren fair of any kind, looking forward to it despite the rona nonsense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Haven't been into it since they came out as anti-gun. I have nothing against the workers and performers though, and hope they make it through okay.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Haven't been into it since they came out as anti-gun. I have nothing against the workers and performers though, and hope they make it through okay.
    When that came out was after an active shooter killed a bunch of people. All the employees had to sit thru a class about what to do. When my crew got all together they asked if that was what we were going to do. (they wanted everyon to exit the place with their hands up, and stay waiting with their hands up until cleared) I told my crew I would lock down, secure the assets & wait it out in the big beer cooler with the fans off. The whole crew said they thought that beat what we were suppose to do. They all knew I was armed at all times.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    baboon,

" I told my crew I would lock down, secure the assets & wait it out in the big beer cooler with the fans off. "

If there's 'an or some' active shooters in the immediate area this is what you'd do?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

" I told my crew I would lock down, secure the assets & wait it out in the big beer cooler with the fans off. "

If there's 'an or some' active shooters in the immediate area this is what you'd do?
    My guess several of the other vendors would do the same. The old saying you can run but your just going to die tired comes to mind. For me to run with my hands up to the closest way out of the festival would not be an option. The amount of patrons running around would make far more targets IMHO. For the most part we always had a cop on payroll & he agreed with my logic.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    When that came out was after an active shooter killed a bunch of people. All the employees had to sit thru a class about what to do. When my crew got all together they asked if that was what we were going to do. (they wanted everyon to exit the place with their hands up, and stay waiting with their hands up until cleared) I told my crew I would lock down, secure the assets & wait it out in the big beer cooler with the fans off. The whole crew said they thought that beat what we were suppose to do. They all knew I was armed at all times.
    It's a good plan. You should hide well enough that an active murderer cannot see you....especially when you're shooting him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    baboon,

OK, the idea of hiding in a cooler makes me claustrophobic and I used to cave dive at night by myself...in a foreign country and would tell no one where I went, but hey, that's just me...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

OK, the idea of hiding in a cooler makes me claustrophobic and I used to cave dive at night by myself...in a foreign country and would tell no one where I went, but hey, that's just me...
    The bigger cooler is 10X30. The temperature is kept around 33 degrees. Temperature would be more of the problem even if the was refrigeration was off. Many a day in October would beat standing outside in the heat & humidity with your arms up.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The bigger cooler is 10X30. The temperature is kept around 33 degrees. Temperature would be more of the problem even if the was refrigeration was off. Many a day in October would beat standing outside in the heat & humidity with your arms up.

And what's so bad about hiding out in cooler full of beer! U could think of worse places to hide!

RojerLockless

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Houston

Are you talking about working FOR TRF or vendors? I don't remember any active shooter training, they just added a siren a few years back.

RojerLockless

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Houston
    It was for vendors employees, same year the sirens were put up. Johnnie Martinez gave it @ the Globe IIRC. Johnnie been dead a least 3-4 years now.

Hmm. I've worked at TRF 11 seasons now for vendors / cast. Never had an active shooter training. Guess they didn't tell our shop.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hmm. I've worked at TRF 11 seasons now for vendors / cast. Never had an active shooter training. Guess they didn't tell our shop.
    I did 22 seasons & was there for The MiddleLands. From what I heard I'm glad I missed this last one. Only way I'll step inside the fair grounds now will be off season. Had some really wild times back in the early days when I was a younger man.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom