• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Just a general question. I’m curious if anyone here has solar panels or small wind turbines installed at their home or ranch. If so, is it worth the price tag?
    I’m intrigued by the small panels or turbines that would be enough power to run a spotlight, water pump, or charge a phone in the brush (luxurious deer blind?)
    Enough power to take certain utilities off the grid to [hopefully] save money and of course, be usable if the power was out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just a general question. I’m curious if anyone here has solar panels or small wind turbines installed at their home or ranch. If so, is it worth the price tag?
    I’m intrigued by the small panels or turbines that would be enough power to run a spotlight, water pump, or charge a phone in the brush (luxurious deer blind?)
    Enough power to take certain utilities off the grid to [hopefully] save money and of course, be usable if the power was out

Might check out some videos on YouTube on installing solar panels and using solar energy. Might be able to find the information you are wanting.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Might check out some videos on YouTube on installing solar panels and using solar energy. Might be able to find the information you are wanting.

Been in the market for a solar water well pump. Current well is good ole wind powered but it doesn’t fill up the pond very much. Get a solar well pump and a battery and it’ll pump 4-5 gallons/minute all day!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I use 2 small solar panels to energize my gate opener.

Works like a champ.

Before I had the gate installed, I talked to a guy who had 1 solar panel for his gate and advised 1 wasn't enough when there were cloudy days.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom