• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I just read a post on another website that started out with, I disassembled my nylon 66 for cleaning and need help. Ladies and Gents, this is a fine little rifle. The second 22 I ever owned and bought with my own money was a nylon 66. Do not take one apart unless you are into self abuse of the worst kind. I did it when I was about 16 and didnt know any better.:banghead: It only took me a couple of weeks to put it back together.
    The nylon 66 was designed apparentley by some guy that belonged to MENSA and had no common sense. Shoot them until they stop, clean and lube. That nice little action is only a dust cover.
    Trust me, don't do it!
    Be Safe!
    ARJ Defense ad

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    I just read a post on another website that started out with, I disassembled my nylon 66 for cleaning and need help. Ladies and Gents, this is a fine little rifle. The second 22 I ever owned and bought with my own money was a nylon 66. Do not take one apart unless you are into self abuse of the worst kind. I did it when I was about 16 and didnt know any better.:banghead: It only took me a couple of weeks to put it back together.
    The nylon 66 was designed apparentley by some guy that belonged to MENSA and had no common sense. Shoot them until they stop, clean and lube. That nice little action is only a dust cover.
    Trust me, don't do it!
    Be Safe!
    amen shoot till it quits then get another i think it took me over a month and 50 large dollars to put it back right

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Here is part 2 reassembly:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remington+nylon+66+reassembly&aq=f[/video]

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Trust me, don't do it!
    Be Safe!

I started a thread about the Nylon in the Rifle forum about eight or nine months ago, you might be interested in looking through the postings on that thread if you haven't already. I've got to agree with you, taking the Nylon apart and putting it back together is a living Hell! I didn't know that till a few years ago, and could have saved myself a ton of headaches. :banghead: BTW, I have a digital version of the Nylon 66 owner's manual I downloaded some years ago from the Web. I you're interested just send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

I just clean the barrel by running some patches threw it and thats all .
    If it aint broke dont mess with it..

Like the manual says, just swab the barrel. I keep the loading tube clean as well.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've disassembled two of them and even foolishly removed the metal cover over the Nylon receiver. It can be done and life goes on afterwards. The point is that it's not necessary to do any of that. I spray the action with WD-40 and blow it out. When it's dry, I relube and party on. Both of mine have moved on to other homes. That was a serious mistake on my part as the rifles are unique and very reliable. If you have one....keep it.

Incidentally, people in frozen lands like the Nylon 66 because it can run with little or no lubrication. The action rides in nylon and requires virtually no lube. In very cold weather, oil turns into molasses and gums up the action so this rifle is a natural for that service.

Flash

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    This is NOT a rifle you take apart twice!

I spent many years as an avionics tech and have a lot of experience with tearing down and building up small mechanical devices. Disassembling and reassembling any firearm is not much different...all one needs is mechanical skills, the right tools and knowing how to use them, a lot of patience, and most of all, paying attention to details...I have disassembled/reassembled Nylon 66s many times and it is no more difficult than any other autoloader .22 IMO

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom