• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Seen this a couple times lately on FB so thought would share on here. For all of you out buying ammo? The two pictures are a recent purchase at a walmart. After purchasing the ammo it was noticed that the neck was cracked on one of the shell casings. So every round was inspected and 13 out of 60 of the shells had cracked necks. This isnt walmarts fault. This is the fault of the new manufacturer of remington ammo since post bankruptcy purchase. Vista outdoors purchased Remington ammunition post bankruptcy and seems to have no quailty control. Please check your ammo before purchasing. A cracked shell casing will cause the firearm to exploded and cause severe injury..even death. Just wanted to pass along this info. A lot of first time gun buyers out there and dont know what a danger this is! Please inspect your ammo!
    He went on to mention that after contacting the new owners of Remington that they are handling the situation for him.
    1622668162361.png
    Lynx Defense

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Seen this a couple times lately on FB so thought would share on here. For all of you out buying ammo? The two pictures are a recent purchase at a walmart. After purchasing the ammo it was noticed that the neck was cracked on one of the shell casings. So every round was inspected and 13 out of 60 of the shells had cracked necks. This isnt walmarts fault. This is the fault of the new manufacturer of remington ammo since post bankruptcy purchase. Vista outdoors purchased Remington ammunition post bankruptcy and seems to have no quailty control. Please check your ammo before purchasing. A cracked shell casing will cause the firearm to exploded and cause severe injury..even death. Just wanted to pass along this info. A lot of first time gun buyers out there and dont know what a danger this is! Please inspect your ammo!
    He went on to mention that after contacting the new owners of Remington that they are handling the situation for him.
    View attachment 259410
    It's not near that dangerous. It's shoddy as hell. Probably not very accurate.
    But the brass has one job. Hold everything together until it's fired.
    The chamber of the firearm contains the pressure. Not the brass.
    Bullet runout could be an issue and cause a pressure spike.
    Depends on the magazine and action though.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    It's not near that dangerous. It's shoddy as hell. Probably not very accurate.
    But the brass has one job. Hold everything together until it's fired.
    The chamber of the firearm contains the pressure. Not the brass.
    Bullet runout could be an issue and cause a pressure spike.
    Depends on the magazine and action though.
    true, to actually exploded as he said would need barrel blockage I do believe.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Remington brass is brittle. I had several new boxes of 250-3000 Savage and only about 5-6 per box didn't split. 7-8 boxes in the trash.
    so sounds like rem brass not a top candidate for reloading, when was first shooting 9mm, bet I reloaded same brass several times and possibly still have some of it years later, of course as was loading for target was going closer to the lower end of the powder scale so could get more use out of the powder and brass.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    There's an awful lot of what looks like corrosion to me on that case for it to have been made recently. Funny think is it looks like the corrosion is also inside the neck. I doubt the veracity of this tale.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There's an awful lot of what looks like corrosion to me on that case for it to have been made recently. Funny think is it looks like the corrosion is also inside the neck. I doubt the veracity of this tale.

This is why I asked what I asked.
    I'm don't reload, so I didn't know what it should look like.

Top Bottom