• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Looking for a chassis for my remington 700 SPS Tactical. Its the 20” Bull barrel and had the Hogue stock on it. I modified it to accept magpul AICS mags and couldn’t get it right. Ended up taking off to much material I believe and now it won’t feed reliably. My cheapest option would be a magpul hunter stock from what it appears. Anyone else swapped stocks on these and had good results?
    Capitol Armory ad

acidfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2021
    Kanagawa Japan
    The Woox stock is pretty killer IMO.

Attachments

• 445099-1034908.jpg
      445099-1034908.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 81

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Cheapest option I would personally entertain is this option from bell & Carlson.

If you are set on a true chassis then mdt or the magpul might be the cheapest option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Looking for a chassis for my remington 700 SPS Tactical. Its the 20” Bull barrel and had the Hogue stock on it. I modified it to accept magpul AICS mags and couldn’t get it right. Ended up taking off to much material I believe and now it won’t feed reliably. My cheapest option would be a magpul hunter stock from what it appears. Anyone else swapped stocks on these and had good results?
    A lot comes down to how much are you able, or willing to spend on a good stock.

A good stock ain't going to be cheap.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Alright ladies and gents. Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Decided on the KRG Bravo for a couple reasons. Simplicity, available upgrades, cost and great reviews.

6B5EBFC5-9238-483F-AA2C-25098A9B67BE.jpeg 485C15CD-7B2B-4D69-8224-2B08B9F099A3.jpeg
    Easy MOA rifle before the upgrade. I’m expecting some improvements there. Range report when I get the time.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Took it to the range today and confirmed zero. Was off quite a bit but still on 12x12” shoot n see target. Using some old Remington hog hammer I printed a couple 3 shot groups just under 1” and a 5 shot group about 1.7” group. Thing back pretty good if I don’t hang onto it. Might invest in a couple weight for the front in the future. This rifle has historically shot fgmm 168’s and 175’s very well. Only have a couple boxes and plan on saving those for a 500yd shoot in the next couple months. Hard to find that ammo right now. Probably need to start reloading

Top Bottom