• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Does anyone have one of these? What are your opinions on this rifle? I have heard mixed reviews. I bought it and cleaned it up and it shoots good so far. It was a pain in the ass to get back together with that stupid double spring on the fire indicator.

Remington522Viper3110458.jpg
    Lynx Defense

bwdilli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    They're generally not very well thought of. If you have one that actually works without constantly jamming count yourself lucky. Mags tend cost more then the actual rifle. I hope you didn't pay very much for it.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I bought one for my son about 4 years ago. It has been a reliable firearm. We get the occasional fail to fire from bulk ammo. It has not jammed up or failed to eject. We clean it well after about a box of bulk ammo (550 rds). I bought it at a pawn shop for $ 100.00. It's has a factory camo stock.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I have one that I purchased new years ago and I love it. One important fact............buy Remington Yellow Jacket ammo and it will function flawlessly. Anything else such as bulk.......you'll have problems.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    What about the Thunderbolt .22? The guy I bought it from gave me what was left of that box. I'll be sure and get some of the Yellow jacket rounds.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have one that needs a thorough cleaning... the sights were removed by someone in favor of a scope only... I have a plastic mag and a metal mag... I am thinking about selling it but only if I can get about $120 for it with both mags...

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    What about the Thunderbolt .22? The guy I bought it from gave me what was left of that box. I'll be sure and get some of the Yellow jacket rounds.

I've tried Thunderbolts with so/so results but again the Yellow Jackets are thw way to go. Have enough power to cycle bolt all the way and the shape of the bullet allows for perfect feeding. (Bullet has a step down shape. There's a word for it but can't spell it.....LOL.)

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I took it to the range last Sunday. I'm selling it. Maybe someone else will have better luck. I don't want to mess with it. $80 is what I have into it. I'll sell it for that.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    It shot good, pretty accurate. The mag was wierd going in, I guess I wasnt used to how it fit in the magwell. It misfired a few times. Probably needs some adjustments I dont feel like messing with it. i have enough projects going on right now.

Top Bottom