• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Getting older I can remember a lot of remember whens. As I get closer to retirement I'm not thinking as much about weekends, but then I like my job. Well, before this whole pandemic thing came along that is.

I can remember when the weekend rolled around. But many times, being on call, it really didn't matter.

I too enjoyed the work I was doing, but got burnt out with the corporate mentality and politics. PC got so bad, the job was no longer enjoyable anymore.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    At least you don't need a TQ (yet) to make your car start.
    I'm 65 and was a pump jockey during High School. Best price at my stations 19.9 Cents.
    The lines were so long you would have thought it was a shortage. It was a gas price war. 2 or 3 stations on the same corner would do that back then.
    I remember telling my boss that when he raised his price for regular to .45 Cents that people would just quit buying the stuff. He laughed. Stopped by a few years later to visit and found out his own oil company had put him out of business. Turned out the corner was worth 100 times the gas station. And my former boss owned the corner.
    Mind ceases wandering time for a nap.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Exactly why I retired. I enjoyed the work and my customers. The company and the job had become something I no longer liked.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heheh...

Off for a long (awaited) holiday weekend.
    Return to work at 5
    Return to work at 8 (got it fixed that time)
    Boss text this morn can I cover for him....yea yea...return to work @10am

Lord Mr Ford...
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      137.4 KB · Views: 479

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I can remember when the weekend rolled around. But many times, being on call, it really didn't matter.

I too enjoyed the work I was doing, but got burnt out with the corporate mentality and politics. PC got so bad, the job was no longer enjoyable anymore.

Same here. 30+ years in the same field and the best times were the first ten years though being on call and after-hours work was extreme in those days. What I did in those days is now outsourced to offshore resources though many of these resources are H1-B visa holders. So I moved up the corporate career path to keep employed but I'll admit, I would be much happier performing that original job and sometimes do when I get a chance. Corporations think you do not have ambition unless you're trying to promote into your manager's job.

Top Bottom