Remember how they told us smoking was gonna kill us? Well....maybe, maybe not.

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
Funny y'all should mention this today.

I had some men building a stretch of fence on my place yesterday. I checked on them often to see if they needed anything or had questions.
At break time, they all had a smoke. I came VERY close to asking one for a smoke. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years, but the aroma caused a craving I thought I had forgotten long ago.

On a side note, all three workers were white men between 45-60, NOT hispanic. It was cool for August and the build site was all shade. They busted their tails (while they told tales) and did a great job. Typical of the piney woods, between the three of them there were lots of tattoos and lots of missing teeth!

m5215

Pistoleer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 3, 2018
Plano, TX
Even if it works I will pass on the addictive nicotine. I have my own all purpose virus destroyer which is a special elixir I make with silver infused water and 14mg worth of ginger along with a little raw, natural local honey. Sounds strange but it is a very ancient way of addressing viral problems. I drink it every day.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Funny y'all should mention this today.

I had some men building a stretch of fence on my place yesterday. I checked on them often to see if they needed anything or had questions.
At break time, they all had a smoke. I came VERY close to asking one for a smoke. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years, but the aroma caused a craving I thought I had forgotten long ago.

On a side note, all three workers were white men between 45-60, NOT hispanic. It was cool for August and the build site was all shade. They busted their tails (while they told tales) and did a great job. Typical of the piney woods, between the three of them there were lots of tattoos and lots of missing teeth!

That’s odd to me.

I switched from Marlboros to vaping about 5 years ago and can’t stand the smell of smoke anymore. (Though I don’t say anything to smokers because I’m not an asshole that will walk to where they are just to make a scene about my minor olfactory inconvenience)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Even if it works I will pass on the addictive nicotine. I have my own all purpose virus destroyer which is a special elixir I make with silver infused water and 14mg worth of ginger along with a little raw, natural local honey. Sounds strange but it is a very ancient way of addressing viral problems. I drink it every day.

Yeah, nicotine sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I, along with others, I'm sure, would like to hear the recipe for your elixir. Please share.

easy rider

Spark Creator
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Although I'm a smoker, I certainly don't advocate to start smoking. If it's just the nicotine as the article seems to indicate, there are other means like gum or lozenges that you can get the nicotine. Then I would say, only take it when you may think you are coming down with COVID.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
My apologies. I've known too many smokers dead of lung cancer to even click on a link about this. And from France at that?!

My best friend as a kid died of lung cancer at 21. Saddest funeral ever.

45tex

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 1, 2009
If you die of COVID so be it
If you die of long cancer because you smoked
to prevent COVID. You are still dead
Only you got to suffer a great deal longer

And the CDC is still gonna call it COVID

easy rider

Spark Creator
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
If you die of COVID so be it
If you die of long cancer because you smoked
to prevent COVID. You are still dead
Only you got to suffer a great deal longer

And the CDC is still gonna call it COVID
Huh? Although they used the phrase "smoker paradox" I don't believe the article even suggested smoking to prevent COVID.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts