Venture Surplus ad

Remember how they told us smoking was gonna kill us? Well....maybe, maybe not.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Feel free to google it - but the French are reporting studies and clinical research that's indicating a correlation between smoking and a lowering of COVID symptoms/mortality...

Bet you haven't see that on ANY MSM...

Venture Surplus ad

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've been around the world of meds for a long time, mostly because my docs have me on so many, of which trying to chunk most of them because a part of my mind says they are causing the other issues being treated for. When you read the possible side effects of each., it makes you wonder. I'm supposed to begin each day with 6 heart pills, with each saying it may cause drowsiness. They sure do that and what a way to begin the day, coffee be damned. You see those ads on TV and all the possible side effects including death, yeah right, give me some of that. What I'm saying, I find it hard to trust any news about health and meds anymore and am back to having eggs for breakfast.....

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This correlation came out early on, around the same time they were burying any positive findings regarding hydroxychloroquine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True - but ongoing studies this year are confirming it....of course, that's not being discussed anywhere, either.
    Like @Younggun I too remember this from last year, early to mid year IIRC, and yes, it was the Frech that were studying the correlation between smokers and Covid. At that time, they didn't know if it was just a coincidence, or if there really was some factor of tobacco that was preventing much harsher side-effects from Covid. This is the first I have heard of it since then.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is this because they die of lung cancer before they lose their mind?

Probably depends on how the study is done. If they just sample the population and compare non-smokers with Alzheimer’s to smokers with Alzheimer’s it would definitely skew the results.

If they sample age groups and determine the number of smokers at certain age vs non smokers at the same age, and compare /1000 numbers then it may be something worth looking in to.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Funny y'all should mention this today.

I had some men building a stretch of fence on my place yesterday. I checked on them often to see if they needed anything or had questions.
    At break time, they all had a smoke. I came VERY close to asking one for a smoke. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years, but the aroma caused a craving I thought I had forgotten long ago.

On a side note, all three workers were white men between 45-60, NOT hispanic. It was cool for August and the build site was all shade. They busted their tails (while they told tales) and did a great job. Typical of the piney woods, between the three of them there were lots of tattoos and lots of missing teeth!

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Even if it works I will pass on the addictive nicotine. I have my own all purpose virus destroyer which is a special elixir I make with silver infused water and 14mg worth of ginger along with a little raw, natural local honey. Sounds strange but it is a very ancient way of addressing viral problems. I drink it every day.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Funny y'all should mention this today.

I had some men building a stretch of fence on my place yesterday. I checked on them often to see if they needed anything or had questions.
    At break time, they all had a smoke. I came VERY close to asking one for a smoke. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years, but the aroma caused a craving I thought I had forgotten long ago.

On a side note, all three workers were white men between 45-60, NOT hispanic. It was cool for August and the build site was all shade. They busted their tails (while they told tales) and did a great job. Typical of the piney woods, between the three of them there were lots of tattoos and lots of missing teeth!

That’s odd to me.

I switched from Marlboros to vaping about 5 years ago and can’t stand the smell of smoke anymore. (Though I don’t say anything to smokers because I’m not an asshole that will walk to where they are just to make a scene about my minor olfactory inconvenience)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Even if it works I will pass on the addictive nicotine. I have my own all purpose virus destroyer which is a special elixir I make with silver infused water and 14mg worth of ginger along with a little raw, natural local honey. Sounds strange but it is a very ancient way of addressing viral problems. I drink it every day.

Yeah, nicotine sucks.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I, along with others, I'm sure, would like to hear the recipe for your elixir. Please share.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although I'm a smoker, I certainly don't advocate to start smoking. If it's just the nicotine as the article seems to indicate, there are other means like gum or lozenges that you can get the nicotine. Then I would say, only take it when you may think you are coming down with COVID.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My apologies. I've known too many smokers dead of lung cancer to even click on a link about this. And from France at that?!

My best friend as a kid died of lung cancer at 21. Saddest funeral ever.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If you die of COVID so be it
    If you die of long cancer because you smoked
    to prevent COVID. You are still dead
    Only you got to suffer a great deal longer

And the CDC is still gonna call it COVID

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you die of COVID so be it
    If you die of long cancer because you smoked
    to prevent COVID. You are still dead
    Only you got to suffer a great deal longer

And the CDC is still gonna call it COVID
    Huh? Although they used the phrase "smoker paradox" I don't believe the article even suggested smoking to prevent COVID.

Top Bottom