• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy9up10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2019
    US
    I recently got a Remington 770 the youth 243 model was wondering if it’s worth keeping putting a leupold and a Boyd’s stock of or trading for somthing else/ selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    There’s a lot better that will be cheaper guns. I’d get a ruger American all day long over that 770.

Ruger, Savage, TC Compass (S&W) are all gtg and affordable.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really. The M770 was junk from the get go, simply because of how it was manufactured. I could never understand how Remington would ever put their name of such a rifle.

I had read several years ago about how some owners of them bragging or extolling to everyone how great a rifle they were, and how accurate they were. Funny thing was, most of the reviews seem to mirror and echo my thoughts on the rifle. Accuracy was an exception, rather than the rule. Yeah, I'm sure a few snuck out of the factory that were accurate.

I bought one brand new at WalMart in 30-06 to replace a 30-06 rifle I had traded to a friend. I tried everything possible to get some measure of accuracy from that rifle. Many different handloads and nothing could get that rifle to print smaller groups. The groups were not even acceptable IMO for a hunting rifle. I ended up selling it for less than I paid for it and bought an old Remington M700 in 30-06 to replace it. I still have that rifle today.

Top Bottom