• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oljames3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Elgin, Texas
    I agree with no reloads in training. I would hesitate to train where I could not use self defense ammo (JHP). In training or in matches I shoot what I carry every day. I walk in with my pistol on my hip, loaded with JHP. I fire the magazine I've been carrying, then switch to FMJ. I am confident that I am as accurate with my self defense rounds as I am with my practice rounds and that all of my ammo performs the same way.

I carry 9mm in part because of the price point. When I first started carrying, I would occasionally buy reloaded ammo. However, I found it to be unreliable.

I'll go through 100+ rounds in a match and up to 500 a day in training. Having to deal with unreliable ammo would significantly hinder me.

Works for me. Your mileage will vary.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    At least a couple times a year we have pistols that are ruined by their hand loading owners. Thankfully we have bullet resistant dividers between lanes. Outdoor classes where students are lined up together without anything between them....well......

We don't allow hand loads or reloads for classes.....

Can it happen with factory? Yes, of course........but the odds with reloads are significantly higher......

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom