• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    55g is a little heavy for Hornet. I use them in my AR.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. But after looking through my T/C contender reloading manual , they have a published load using Lil' Gun that has some really crazy ballistics, esp. from a contender barrel. But, that is only looking at velocities, we shall see if I can come up with a load with decent accuracy. If not, they should work in my 222 or my 223.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They definitely will work in an AR. I have a load that I get a 3/8” group with that exact bullet. Mine have the cannelure.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But after looking through my T/C contender reloading manual , they have a published load using Lil' Gun that has some really crazy ballistics, esp. from a contender barrel.
    Lil' Gun and heavier-than-seems-right bullets make the Hornet very happy out of a pistol barrel. For as long as I can remember, Lil' Gun has been magic in that cartridge, especially in that application.

wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    Lil' Gun and heavier-than-seems-right bullets make the Hornet very happy out of a pistol barrel. For as long as I can remember, Lil' Gun has been magic in that cartridge, especially in that application.
    Thanks for the info. I just recently bought a pound of Lil Gun. I have never used it before. But glad I bought it and these bullets.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Got an email from powder valley and they have Accurate 4350 on sale for $33 a lb. I’ve had great results using that instead of H4350 the last couple years when I couldn’t find Hodgdon powders.

Edit: I didn’t just substitute Accurate 4350 for H4350, I worked up new loads. Most of the new loads were as good if not better using the Accurate powders. Wanted to be clear so a new reloader doesn’t see this and think they are interchangeable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Went by Allen Cabela's on the way home from Dr. Greasy finger. They had several thousand SPP, $89.00 per thousand
    Lots of Hodgen powers, no Alliant, no IMR.

Reactions: MTA

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Academy in Humble has powder in stock. Mostly pistol, it looked like, they had it stashed behind the counter in a safe so I couldn’t see it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Anyone seen 180gr or 200gr Sierra SBTs in .308?? I hate that Sierra seems to do long runs of one or two weights in their gameking. Right now 180s and 200s are nowhere in sight.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Anyone seen 180gr or 200gr Sierra SBTs in .308?? I hate that Sierra seems to do long runs of one or two weights in their gameking. Right now 180s and 200s are nowhere in sight.

I have an unopened box of 100 Hornady SSTs in 180g.

I've been using them on deer for about 15 years. Lethal, and little to no running. Most have been DRT or under 20 yards. I literally use them in every hunting round I load except 224 Valkyrie. My big 270 lb Colorado mulie didn't take a step.

I am in need of some H-4350. Happy to do an even trade.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have an unopened box of 100 Hornady SSTs in 180g.

I've been using them on deer for about 15 years. Lethal, and little to no running. Most have been DRT or under 20 yards. I literally use them in every hunting round I load except 224 Valkyrie. My big 270 lb Colorado mulie didn't take a step.

I am in need of some H-4350. Happy to do an even trade.
    Appreciate the offer Mickey but I am needing Sierra Gamekings specifically for Africa this May

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Just talked to Bear Creek Ammo Supply. He had to increase his bullet prices, last increase was 8 years ago.
    Just ordered 1K each .45 SWC, .38SWC, 32-20 RN. Total increase 15 bucks for 3k bullets. One hell of a lot better than Midway, Hunters Supply, and all the rest.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    F3EAC101-2B1F-49E6-BF6E-62310B9233D5.jpeg

Pretty good selection of powder in 1lb bottles at Cabelas in El Paso. No primers though.

Top Bottom