• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I don's see anyway that was only small arm with 6lbs of powder still in original container. A nice fire maybe but not that kind of explosion.
    Shit happens! I drive by a local fab shop that burned down. Looks like a part of that building blew out walls & roof. I'd bet it's had been there 30 years! I doubt he walk out closing the door thinking it would blow up & burn!

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Black powder burns pretty nicely when it is not held under pressure (meaning inside a container, cartridge, pipe bomb). Though, I imagine when a fire Department arson investigators wander into your hospital room, the spur of the moment explaination would be I was reloadig small arms ammunition. Now, how many of us would say that? Maybe we would say... reloading pistol ammo, rifle ammo, reloading black powder ammo for Cowboy Action match... Something smells funny here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Black powder burns pretty nicely when it is not held under pressure (meaning inside a container, cartridge, pipe bomb). Though, I imagine when a fire Department arson investigators wander into your hospital room, the spur of the moment explaination would be I was reloadig small arms ammunition. Now, how many of us would say that? Maybe we would say... reloading pistol ammo, rifle ammo, reloading black powder ammo for Cowboy Action match... Something smells funny here.

I’m not sure the guy used those exact words. He may have said pistol ammo and whoever questioned him used different language in describing the situation.

But I agree, power in a factory container doesn’t go boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have a friend who shot 1/2 pound of unique (in original container) with an AR........from a distance of about 15 yards......

When he got up off the ground the windows in the back of the house were broken, his wife's garden flattened and neighbors had called the police about an explosion. When he heard the call come over the radio, he replied to dispatch he was already on the scene......he was a cop (now retired).....

He told them he was firing his black powder cannon (which he has one)....

I helped repair the windows and listened to his wife bitch about her garden......

We are still friends 30 years later..........

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Over the years y’all have heard me speak of “The Village Idiot”. After knowing me a good 5 years he asked about getting into reloading for his hunting rifle. He bought died and a shell houlder for his 30/06 and I told him I had powder & primers.

He shows up with a suitcase of Bud knowing I refuse to ever drink Bud (still to this day)! I tell him he can’t be getting phuced up and reloading, not on my equipment in my place. Being The Village Idiot he has a beer to settle his shakes! We sit down and I teach him how to set up the resizing die and leave him to it.

I always clean the primer pockets on my brass. Instead of tapping them out he insisted on blowing them out. Be cause I say no to drinking beer he decides he needs to smoke! No smoking at the bench or in the reloading room!

He’s Jonesing for a beer & smoke! We go outside & smoke while having another beer. Back inside I set up the powder charger show him how it works then let him charge cases. At the time he was still married and his son was just starting to walk. So I would go back and forth between him & our wives with his kid. When I go back he has powder spilt every where! Over charged cases and start freaking out when I tell him he phucing up!

His first range trip most of his rounds won’t fire. His blowing out the primer pocket may have included spit! One round that does fire seizes up his bolt. Knowing I didn’t let him over charge any cases I finally beat his bolt open. The barrel looked as if he had a boating accident! The nicked out case was scratched all to hell! You wouldn’t believe “his clean gun”! There actually was a pile of sand after running a can of WD40 down the barrel!

He gave up on reloading because I was to bitchy about how he did it! I think I still have his dies. He eventually bought a Dillon 350. He wouldn’t take my advice on how to build a bench. He asked if I’d come over and check it out and help set up the Dillon. His bench was straight up Homer Simpson constructed! The screws he chose looked like the assorted ones from the grocery store. Bent screws not driving in and broken heads dominated his build. His cheap hollow interior door was more criticism then he could handle.

He was a Florida man! He died before the Dillon ever got set up! I thought about buying it, but knew he phuced up his sons credit buying a few guns & suppressors.

Top Bottom