• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Went to my first gun show in a couple of years today. Looks like ammo supplies are coming back, but at gun show prices. I guess I don't remember or it's a relatively new phenomenon, but I would guess the number of knife sellers were at least equal to the number of gun sellers. Not much non gun junk and what was there was relegated to the back in it's own section.
    One other weird thing that I did not remember from prior shows, there were several tables that had guns out with descriptions but no prices. I can't buy if I don't know how much they are, and I was thinking maybe they are of the opinion "if you have to ask, you can't afford it", so I never asked.
    Was not looking for AR, AK, 1911 or plastic guns, so that knocked out better than 3/4 of the show. Did see some average deals on Smith revolvers, passed up a current 4" 610 with lock for $698. I want one but am hoping to find an older pre-lock gun.
    On a related note I met M.Sage, who was working in a rotary (dremel type) accessory area. I hope he got to check out the tables early for having to work the show, hell maybe he bought my prelock 610:p

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    Actually, I snagged a prelock 610 there this morning for less than the new model w/lock... it was only 2 tables away.

What I thought was most noticeable was the MUCH lower prices on AR's... several dropping below $800 with lots to choose from.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Philbo,
    I did not make the show until noon, so that 610 was gone before I got there. Was it a 4 or 6.5 barrel?
    As soon as you get tired of it let me know and I might take it off your hands. BTW, did you ever sell the EAA 10 that you had up on the board a couple of months ago?

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    It was a 610-2 with the 3.78" barrel and unfluted cylinder. Seller included 45 moon clips, wolff complete trigger spring kit, a set of custom wood grips and original box & papers.

Sanpped a coulpe of quick pics:
    th_IMGP0883.gif
    th_IMGP0889.gif

Never had any serious offers on the Witness, so it's sitting quietly in the safe at present.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I saw a whole booth selling nothing but .380 ammo!

This is smaller than January, and the dealers did not look very happy. People seemed to be holding their money more.

There were a lot of interesting people walking around because the tattoo and body art was in the next hall.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Just got back.
    I won't say it was lame but pretty much as I expected ~ lot's of inventory, mediocre prices and nothing too much special.
    I did fall in love with the LWRC REPR ~ but not gonna pay $3800 !
    ... and picked up a mini Texas Gonzales Flag for my office.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    I was there today 5.23.10 : Saw my first civilian copy of Bushmaster BACR at $1,507.00. Sigh* on a budget, I had to say good bye to a future friend. I saw lots of good deals depending on what you wanted, hand gun, rifle, shotgun's & ammo .. not so much.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Not only did the gun show spare space with the Tattoo show, there was also a jeep / outdoor show running at the same time. Snapped these cell phones pics of the jeep people making their own version of twister in the parking lot.

Attachments

• Jeep 1..jpg
      Jeep 1..jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 139
    • Jeep 2..jpg
      Jeep 2..jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 153

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    i snagged a new spyderco at the show. also got to meet Sean Cody. my cousin was looking at setting up an nfa trust and sean just happen to be at the booth.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went only because my son invited me, I've become bored by the shows. NRA was there and I had just let my membership lapse so I got a cool hat, $10 off membership and a free ticket just for renewing. And my son finally joined. It was a good trip before we went in the show. Nothing much has changed. I quit going when the Bama scare raised the prices to rip off levels. Seems to have calmed down and I saw a few guns I'd have bought if I wanted a new gun. Like a Stainless Ruger SR9c for $387. Cheaper than Buds (and Bud is out of them). I may have to return in September and spring for the Ruger. Have to decide if FFL fees are more or less than Sales Tax. Also noted a table selling LED flashlights for $129 and another selling the same light for $20. Later in the show I bought a similar one for $8. You still have to be willing to invest some shoe leather to get what you need. I may go back.

Top Bottom