• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    back up! i only asked em about a Leupold plate. my bad. sorry. hmmm....
    just got off the phone with em. said the plate you linked to me will ONLY work with a 509T. and down the rabbit hole i go looking for a 509T. THANKS!!

The 509T uses the same footprint as the Aimpoint ACRO - fyi. Aimpoint did it first, Holosun followed suit as the 509 is competing directly with the ACRO - they're really the only two serious pistol RDS enclosed emitters worth anything right now. Sig makes one, but its bulkier and can convert to open emitter - THAT one I doubt will last serious durability testing.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    A63EDF12-CC19-4122-AF20-5D9DEC829674.jpeg

It’s just mocked up but the new slide and RMRcc both arrived today.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    just put the rice flavored 509T on the FNX 45. so far so good. haven't sighted it in yet. BUT, it fits, it comes on, is adjusted etc. maybe range time sunday.

Only thing you should really have to worry about on the install is making sure your screw(s) torqued down properly. If its not tight enough you'll notice zero shifting as the sight moves. Has not been an issue with either of my guns - I do know the 509 and the ACRO mount a bit differently than the others (cross bolted, correct?) so making sure the plate is torqued down properly and then the sight is bolted to the plate tightly enough.

I didn't play with the 509 enough to remember - how are the windage / elevation adjustments done on that one? From the side? The open emitter versions use a tool, with the adjustment screws on the top side, behind the emitter.

Hopefully the new sight works well for you.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    ok.....got a chance to go sight the 509T in. after i mounted it, i adjusted the GREEN dot to just over the front sight blade (co-witness). figured if that wouldn't work then SUM TING WONG ( said the chineese couple when the kid was born way too dark). but, at 24 yds, on my reactive steel torso target, off a rest, they were going ever shot into a 4" circle. standing on my hind legs, they all went onto said target (18"x12" or there abouts). for a nightstand defensive handgun holding 18 rds of 45 acp and a bright light w/a laser dot i'm happy.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Anyone tried the Holosun SCS MOS green? Instead of having to use an adapter plate on your Glock, it fits where the plate goes. I have a G40 in 10mm that needs an optic and I like this idea. It’s the only MOS pistol I have as my other slides are milled for an optic, I’d prefer to keep the optic as low as possible and not use a plate. This fits the bill.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom