• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I knew an idiot that made sandwiches and bottles of water and in the winter handed out blankets. Most of the homeless turned their noses up at the food but took the water they really wanted cash.

Eventually the cops seen him doing it and told him if he was caught again the would they would make him learn the lesson the hard way.

From there he started taking in strippers. That had hard luck stories that he believed. That didn't end well either for him. One cleaned out his house of anything of value. The others "boyfriend" paid him a visit once and tuned him up.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So, twenty-something years ago, I went through a divorce. Like most divorces, it was a miserable time and made all the more worse by my now ex-wife and her attorney. I ended up living for a while at a fairly cheap apartment complex in Houston. I discovered that my next door neighbor's apartment was used by a couple of guys to prepare roses for the "homeless" to sell around intersections in the area. Basically, they'd buy a case of roses from some distributor for cheap, then trim the roses and wrap them in plastic sheets. The sellers had to buy these prepped roses, and then they'd sell them while holding up signs about how they were out of work, their house burned down, or they were widowed and had kids to support. People would give them $10 or $20 for a rose that cost $0.50. The ringleader in this scheme was a guy named Kenny, and he was a real operator. If he had tried to live an honest life, he would probably be a millionaire, but instead he lived on the margins and used enough drugs to kill a normal person.

The truth about these rose sellers was interesting. Some of them made $80,000/year. They all had cars, carefully hidden from view, and apartments or houses. None were actually "homeless". Drugs were a major part of the program, and Kenny would gladly buy drugs or sell them to the rose sellers (always at a profit!). If they got hassled by the cops, or if people recognized them and quit giving money, they'd simply move to another part of town for a while. It's a racket.

Those of us old enough remember when Hollywood and the Dems were making a big stink about the "homeless" during the Reagan Administration. Truth was that state governments discovered that if they shut down mental hospitals, they could have huge piles of money to spend on prostitutes and cocaine. Hollywood got involved and made a big stink about people's rights being violated by being locked in such facilities. (Barbara Streisand was particularly vocal, although she didn't take any homeless into her 110 room mansion.) These new "homeless" people stayed away from shelters because they wouldn't let them drink booze or do drugs. Democrat propaganda kept raising the estimated number of homeless people into the millions. Then, as now, the truth was never reported.

There have been a number of times when I've been approached by someone claiming to be hungry. (Esp. when I worked in downtown Houston.) I even had a woman approach me near my home. I will happily walk with them to the nearest restaurant and buy them food. I will never give them cash for them to use to buy drugs.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    how-to-phrase-this-in-a-non-genocide-way-v0-7tyk4wptxndc1.jpeg

Top Bottom