• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Update: I stopped by a local shop and they had some romeo zeros 6 moa for $129. Price was to good to pass up. I was dead set on a holosun, but for half the price I decide to gamble on the romeo. Mounted it on the 365 and it appears to be pre zeroed. I'll have to get it out to the range soon to confirm this.
    20200902_101045.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    When zeroing these types of sights should the dot be in the middle of the screen like a traditional rifle sight or down low to cowitness with the irons?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update: I stopped by a local shop and they had some romeo zeros 6 moa for $129. Price was to good to pass up. I was dead set on a holosun, but for half the price I decide to gamble on the romeo. Mounted it on the 365 and it appears to be pre zeroed. I'll have to get it out to the range soon to confirm this. View attachment 225580
    Looks good.

One thing I learned while shooting my buddy dot sight- my hand movement. The red dot amplifies any movement. Which helped me determine I just need one cup of coffee in the mornings. lol

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Looks good.

One thing I learned while shooting my buddy dot sight- my hand movement. The red dot amplifies any movement. Which helped me determine I just need one cup of coffee in the mornings. lol
    I was going to mention this. Having never even held a pistol with an optic before I noticed that I may have some parkinsons going on. If I easy up on my grip its a lot better. Definitely going to be a learning curve here.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    With all the new fancy little guns out there with options for red dot sights like the P365XL, G43X MOS and Springfield Hellcat etc...just curious if anyone is actually carrying one with a red dot on it?

I have a P365 XL and am thinking about a Romeo zero for it. I don't own any handguns with optics mounted, but have been considering it. Any thoughts good or bad about this?

I have a P365xl and a red dot on it. I passed on the Romeo Zero for a Shield sight. Romeo zero has a polymer housing and lens. The Shield and most others have an aluminum housing. Trijicon just this week released a red dot for those small guns, all metal housing, coated glass lens and is duty rated, ie for military or police use. Pricy but the few reviews I have read indicate that it should be more durable than most others out there.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have a P365xl and a red dot on it. I passed on the Romeo Zero for a Shield sight. Romeo zero has a polymer housing and lens. The Shield and most others have an aluminum housing. Trijicon just this week released a red dot for those small guns, all metal housing, coated glass lens and is duty rated, ie for military or police use. Pricy but the few reviews I have read indicate that it should be more durable than most others out there.
    Well if I break this romeo zero, I will definitely be getting something more robust. That said I am not in the military or le, so it will probably be okay if I don't abuse it.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    When zeroing these types of sights should the dot be in the middle of the screen like a traditional rifle sight or down low to cowitness with the irons?

It should be mostly parallax free, so really it doesn't matter where the dot is on the lens as long as you can see it.

You can get a general zero started by looking down the irons and align the red dot with where you would expect the PoI. Then dial it in more precisely at the range.

After its zeroed at a distance, you should really be able to see the dot at any point on the lens and hit relatively close to where to red dot is overlaying through your line of sight.

The shakyness is less noticeable when you focus on the target with both eyes open and let the dot overlay the target in the unadjusted plane of sight

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    I have a DPP on my Legion X5 because I'm thinking about testing the novice competition shooting waters (or at least going to some classes), but I probably do not plan to have one on my carry weapon, whatever that ends up being. As others have said, at the range where I'd need to use an EDC weapon, it would be close enough and I'd feel comfortable using iron sights, but as I get more comfortable with the DDP/X5 Legion setup, that could change. But for now, and seeing as I'll just start carrying within the coming months for the first time, I want that comfort level first.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've ventured into the red dots fairly recently. I've got a 6.5 MOA Romeo on my 365XL. So far it's not terrible. It does take some getting used to, but I can ping steel with it consistently now. The only think I really don't like so far is if I tilt the muzzle up too high, there is another red dot down low. It's much dimmer, but during a quick draw, I have to remember to make sure I'm on the bright dot, not the lower one.

I've got a Holosun 508T on an M&P. For some reason it always takes me longer to pick up the dot on that sight.

I went ahead and picked up an RMR cc, but can't find an adapter plate for it, so it's on the shelf for now.

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    Going to chime in here on this one, and say, if not a red dot, but what about a light/laser combo on an EDC, or one or the other? I plan to keep my EDC in the night stand as many do, but curious as to if I really need a light on a gun, and wouldn't a laser just give away your position, or if you weren't in a direct line of sight, not really be that useful? Something I've been thinking about, as I don't think you'd want BOTH a red dot and laser on the same pistol. Red dot and light, I can see that benefit though.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Going to chime in here on this one, and say, if not a red dot, but what about a light/laser combo on an EDC, or one or the other? I plan to keep my EDC in the night stand as many do, but curious as to if I really need a light on a gun, and wouldn't a laser just give away your position, or if you weren't in a direct line of sight, not really be that useful? Something I've been thinking about, as I don't think you'd want BOTH a red dot and laser on the same pistol. Red dot and light, I can see that benefit though.

Lots to unpack re: needs v wants and lots of opinions.

Things to consider:
    * Does anyone reside outside the master bedroom (kids, etc.) where it would cause you angst if you mis-id’d and shot them in the dark. Mother in laws don’t count.
    * What’s your night vision and cognitive processing like at 2am? Will you be sober enough to accurately engage?
    * What other vision aids do you have available and do you plan to use them?
    * Is the threat night adapted for vision? A quick, directed strobe can kill their night adaptation while retaining yours.
    * Do you have a plan to fall back to a rifle with any vision aids?
    * What do you do to train for night engagements?

That’s just the beginning.

davewho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Austin
    ... I have a P365 XL and am thinking about a Romeo zero for it... Any thoughts?...
    I have one G19 with an RMR. It’s fun hitting 8” plates at 75 yards. It’s my SHTF gun. Keep it in a handy lock box along w/ a bunch of 21 rnd mags.

Attachments

• E482D60C-0166-439F-8174-7F87E4C7AAD2.jpeg
      E482D60C-0166-439F-8174-7F87E4C7AAD2.jpeg
      763.9 KB · Views: 193
    Top Bottom