• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Ive looked through several RDS and don't really see a difference between any of them in terms of clarity of the dot. I've been meaning to go to a ship and look at a bunch side by side as well as holographic sights and prisms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You shouldn’t. They all use the same technology. Small chance the lens coating might change it a bit but it is an issue with our eyes and the specific technology used in red dots and how the light is bounced.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    You shouldn’t. They all use the same technology. Small chance the lens coating might change it a bit but it is an issue with our eyes and the specific technology used in red dots and how the light is bounced.
    I agree but I've heard some people say they have better results with some than others. Glad it worked for them but nothing for this guy.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Meprolight is pushing their similar version of that sight again - I was surprised to see them for sale, brand new.
    I bought a mepro optic that was batteryless and had a yellow triangle. Sounded good on paper but I couldn't see it clearly at all and shooting from a dark place into a bright area the triangle was invisible. Great idea by mepro. Just not for me.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I bought a mepro optic that was batteryless and had a yellow triangle. Sounded good on paper but I couldn't see it clearly at all and shooting from a dark place into a bright area the triangle was invisible. Great idea by mepro. Just not for me.

Same issue with the older Trijicon it’s tridium and fiber optic. No battery. You just have to know the limitations and work with them. Either lower third cowitness or you can shine a light source onto fiber optic. Ghetto but we did it as a dirty hack a few times when we new it was a mout only Environment. Same as taping off the fiber pickup on the ACOG to control bloom on the sight due to too much light.

Top Bottom