• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I’ve carried for a long time on the bike; I’ve never been able to find an acceptable way to carry on my person when riding. In leathers or an Aerostich there is no way and even wearing a belt or paddle holster with a jacket I’d need some kind of a side slit to keep my jacket from being pushed up. I have a fanny pack inside the tank bag, and nowadays carry a CZ P01. That way I have a concealment option when I get off the bike. If I am on my one bike that doesn’t take a tank bag I wrap the fanny pack on but it has to be sort of far back on the side to not get in the way. Some sort of drop holster might work OK if you could get the straps adjusted properly.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1605809800882.png

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My favorite jacket has an easy access breast pocket that nicely fits a single stack compact like P239, Kahr, or similar. I think it's supposed to be for documents, but works well for the gun.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I prefer my female friends wear the "easy access breast" aparatus.
    I did about 40 miles yesterday on 2 lane backroads and muddy logging roads. Ive been carrying a G26 in a Fobus paddle, strong side, and a Bond Arms Snake Slayer (6" 45/410) SOB. I also have a stick mag for the Glock in a jacket pocket.
    The issue remains the gloves - which I always wear when riding. I'll have to remove them to get serious if trouble is imminent.
    I ran accross a lot of illegal dumping sites (tires, old furniture, mattresses, etc) and a young couple having a rendesvous on a side road in the boonies. For the most part I just mind my business and enjoy the scenery.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've recently started riding again.
    While I have larger bikes, I seem to spend most of my time on a dual-purpose/crossover bike cruising the logging roads and narrower blacktops of the East Texas piney woods. I rarely hit speeds above 55 mph and many miles are 20-25 mph. Sometimes I travel roads I've never been on before and I've encountered folks involved in nefarious activities (dumping, hauling contaband, etc). I also run across hogs on occassion, which caused me to question the G42 I was carrying on my hip.
    I'm exploring options in regard to weapons and mode of carry.
    I have considered a SAA style in .45 or .357, a DA revolver in .357, a Beretta 92, a G26 or 27, and. Redhawk in .454. Belt carry, chest rig, and others have crossed my mind.
    I don't want my mode of carry to be obvious, and want access, comfort, and proper firepower, all at the same time.
    Winter and summer options might vary.
    I'm open to suggestions and would love to hear your experience.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    All of these jackets are set up for Concealed Carry.

They have leather and air jackets.
    Thanks for that, I have been looking for a jacket that didn't break the bank.

ATXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    Round Rock
    All of these jackets are set up for Concealed Carry.

They have leather and air jackets.

Do you have one of these or have you seen in person? Curious about the quality... the price is definitely nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.S.O.K.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Given your situation - what you may come across including hogs, I would personally go with a G-20 - 10MM. I'd stoke it with 200 grain XTP loads. It's basically a larger diameter .357 Mag level power round - 15 rounds in the mags... so. Pretty hard to beat that. Not super easy to conceal but doable with a good IWB.

I used to own a sweet little Yamaha TW200 and that's what I carried when I road the backwoods in Mississippi where I lived at the time.

Top Bottom